• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Favorite Commercial Aircraft?

East

东部
Contributor
From my personal file

Even better when it can give gas! (without the "Iron Maiden")

KC-10closeup.jpg
[/IMG]

I 'd rather be flying this one (KDC-10)

Attachments

• YR9Q1031 (2).JPG
    YR9Q1031 (2).JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 21
  • YR9Q1047 (3).JPG
    YR9Q1047 (3).JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 30
  • YR9Q1016 (2).JPG
    YR9Q1016 (2).JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 334.jpg
    334.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 22
  • gr05%20KDC-10%20with%20F-16%20RNAF%202.jpg
    gr05%20KDC-10%20with%20F-16%20RNAF%202.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 25

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Could you imagine showing up for you British Airways flight and this is what is at the gate?

80-90S_22.jpg

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Ok here is a random question...but Phrog...what's with the 'stang on jackstands in that picture?? It looks like they are getting ready to lift it. There seem to be straps. But why???

phrogpilot73

Ok here is a random question...but Phrog...what's with the 'stang on jackstands in that picture?? It looks like they are getting ready to lift it. There seem to be straps. But why???
Yup, they were getting ready to external the 'stang... It was a publicity stunt.

The Phrog in the picture is currently being flown by Columbia Helicopters.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
When I was a kid in the early 1970s, we went to visit my Aunt & Uncle. We flew into LAX and then took a helo to San Bernardino. It was a schedule service by a company calling itself an airline. I don't remember the name of the company but there were at least 20-25 pax seats and the helo was a tandem rotor like either a H-46 or CH-47.

phrogpilot73

When I was a kid in the early 1970s, we went to visit my Aunt & Uncle. We flew into LAX and then took a helo to San Bernardino. It was a schedule service by a company calling itself an airline. I don't remember the name of the company but there were at least 20-25 pax seats and the helo was a tandem rotor like either a H-46 or CH-47.
Was it Los Angeles Airways? I can't find much information on them, but it appears that in that timeframe, there were only three helicopter airlines: New York Airways, Los Angeles Airways, and Chicago Helicopter Airways. Can't really find info on much more than New York Airways.

US Helicopter is the only continental US helicopter airline now. They code share with a couple of different airlines, but only offer service between 3 heliports in NYC and Newark, JFG, and Laguardia. They're looking to expand to other major cities... Hopefully, they'll need pilots! :D

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The last of the V bombers in service, served as a tanker in the Gulf War.
That is one badass looking jet. Looks like it came right off the set of some Hollywood action movie.