• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fat Patrons Weighing Down F.A. Day

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...senger-in-economy-seat-has-picture-taken.html

passenger_1532425c.jpg

I couldn't stop laughing at the picture...or the article. Some whiny F.A. took the picture to complain about how hard her job was and ended up posting it on the interwebs...

God Bless that woman.

BTW, I would have asked for another seat if I was next to that steaming pile of humanity...

Pickle

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Uhh, why is he not required to buy two seats? Just saying, also would have thought that guy's really screwing up their weight and balance calcs . . .

efini_kid

how could he buckle his seat belt!?! i have a 36 inch waist and those things are uncomfortable for me....

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
how could he buckle his seat belt!?! i have a 36 inch waist and those things are uncomfortable for me....

They have special seat belts for larger people.

I was wondering... There are two seats behind him; is it possible he already had two seats but moved up to talk to the man on his right? It looks like they might be talking, maybe business partners?

Ether way, the man needs some Tae Bo help from billy.

Kycntryboy

pilot
I think the dude sitting next to him should get a discount on his ticket if the fat ass has to pay double. I mean Christ, the dude that has the isle seat on the other side must feel like he has a middle seat.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
He is fat but he also looks like he's about 7 ft.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
I was wondering... There are two seats behind him; is it possible he already had two seats but moved up to talk to the man on his right? It looks like they might be talking, maybe business partners?

My thoughts too. He is sitting on the armrest and blocking the aisle which is a big no no for evac. I doubt he was there when they pushed back.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor

They have seat belt extenders on the aircraft. When I was still working for the airlines, at night we would clean the aircraft and on one rare occasion we found not one seat belt extender but TWO! (still hooked up)

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Oh stewardess...does this flight come with a trough?"

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I agree with the above. Most likely that he sat in the two rear seats. But if he paid for ONE ticket, that's asinine. Yes, air travel is a service industry which serves "people", but the bottom line in any transport industry is WEIGHT. If you're shipping an envelope, or moving your home, they will charge you based on weight. Even at the airlines, if you need more than the allotted baggage, you pay more for more bags (weight) or for an overweight bag.

If you weigh more than a person "should reasonably weigh" and can't fit into seats the FAA designed for normal sized people, you pay more. I'm not proposing public ridicule at the ticket queue, but if the person needs two seats, they pay two seats. Companies shouldn't sacrifice their bottom line to supplicate a group of people who simply burden others for their refusal to conform to a normal healthy lifestyle (the vast majority of them). Even if it is completely not their fault, they require more weight to be shipped (via commair), so they ought to pay more since it costs the airline more.

The logic people use whether it is the fatties' fault or not that they should be accomodated is the same logic that if I decide not to check a bag and simply wear 15 layers of clothing on board, the airline should accomodate me with two seats since I'll be as big as the fatass with my layers of clothing. Same selfishness, whether or not you want to agree.

Mos

None
I remember a flight where I had to sit next to a large man. His right hip and arm protruded into about a quarter of my seat and I had to lean to the other side. The flight attendants told him he would have to buy an extra seat and they moved me to another seat. The guy was pissed, but he had no choice.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I remember a flight where I had to sit next to a large man. His right hip and arm protruded into about a quarter of my seat and I had to lean to the other side. The flight attendants told him he would have to buy an extra seat and they moved me to another seat. The guy was pissed, but he had no choice.

Again, he has absolutely NO RIGHT to be pissed, but as long as he had no choice but to buy another seat, then let him fume away to himself.

Bevo16

pilot
I saw the picture and I thought that I was on the College Football thread.

My first thought was: "Damn, Mangino got fired and is already riding in coach!"

Semper Jump Jet

Ninja smoke...POOF.
pilot
I remember a flight where I had to sit next to a large man.

Why do we keep saying 'Large' when we mean 'Fat'? It's fat. Well, I would say that if you're 7'1" and had a proportional waist then you would need a special belt for a 'large' person, but other than that it's fat.