• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fast Eagle 110...Going Texaco. Thanks for all your help and input.

Citation3

I know...another model to clog up the forum, but you were all so helpful I thought I would share the results.

First, thanks to all that answered my original thread regarding refueling basket dimensions. All your information was very helpful and the stories very insightful.

Here is the results of your input. This is my first inflight display of a model. The refueling arm and basket were all scratch built. The basket is made up of 47 individual parts. The nylon part is make of paper towel damp with water and painted with white glue.

I don't know if the loadout is appropriate for this squadron, but I saw it on a 213 jet and found it appealing.

Also, thanks to Ave8tor and Pilotman for the images that made the base possible.

Anyway, here is my version of "Going Texaco"

DSC_0980.jpg

DSC_0981.jpg

DSC_0988.jpg

DSC_0985.jpg

DSC_0992.jpg

DSC_0994.jpg

DSC_0996.jpg

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
Truly one of the best model builds I have ever seen! +5!!! Would you be interested in a commissioned Harrier project?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Very beautiful work! Anyone can put together a model, but you have a great deal of skill and craftsmanship!

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
I know...another model to clog up the forum, but you were all so helpful I thought I would share the results.

I'm 100% sure that nobody dislikes seeing your work. I continue to be impressed each time you post pictures of your latest project. Keep sharing, we'll keep appreciating!

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I've always thought models looked better displayed as though they were in flight. Airplanes aren't meant to sit on the ground, why are all the models built to show them that way?! It was always frustrating to have to figure out how to make the panels line up on landing gear when I was younger.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Dell Bull's name goes on the back? He has 2 anchors! Unless he got an anchorectomy in the last 2 years...

Nice work tho.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
This is awesome.

All this practice has put you on top of your game and ready to create your magnum opus: a big 'ole P-3!

Citation3

Dell Bull's name goes on the back? He has 2 anchors! Unless he got an anchorectomy in the last 2 years...

Nice work tho.

I paued for a moment as well applying the decals. From my limited viewing of the Carrier series I knew Bull was a WSO and a back seat kind of guy. The decal instructions for the 2007 CO jet clearly has his name on the front as I have them applied.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Citation -- you do GREAT work ... when I was scale modeling, the diorama/background always seemed as important as the focus of the exercise -- whether it be aircraft, ship, or armor. When done 'right' ... it wins contests & awards.

BZ

Good stuff ... and 'TEXACO', you say ??? Read it & weep:
:)

dsc00249ut.jpg

tankero.jpg

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Outstanding craftsmanship Citation. It's always a pleasure to see your work. Although I wish I could see it in person.