• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Farewell Tribute to George W. Bush

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Hey, President Bush may have not been the most loquacious, but he did more good for this country than Carter, Clinton, and Kennedy...combined. They may have been smooth talkers as is the current ARTICLE 88 but he actually got shit done. I was proud to call him my Commander in Chief...

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Hey, President Bush may have not been the most loquacious, but he did more good for this country than Carter, Clinton, and Kennedy...combined. They may have been smooth talkers as is the current ARTICLE 88 but he actually got shit done. I was proud to call him my Commander in Chief...

Agreed 100% sir. Post wasn't meant to knock him at all. I just thought it was a funny compilation of 'moments'.

My most favorite being, "And our people have done a really good job of hauling in the key operators.... Ramsey Al Habib, or whatever the guy's name was"

I don't think it's possible to be in such a spotlight intensive position for eight years without at least a couple out takes.

exhelodrvr

pilot

A more appropriate way to handle would have been to also show clips from his good speeches, such as Ground Zero, Reagan's funerals, some of the video clips of him comforting survivors of military KIA. But this was more about them bashing the President.

BullGator

A more appropriate way to handle would have been to also show clips from his good speeches, such as Ground Zero, Reagan's funerals, some of the video clips of him comforting survivors of military KIA. But this was more about them bashing the President.
On Letterman? I don't think it is in his contract that he needs to be P.C... :confused:

For what it's worth, it was a funny video imo.

exhelodrvr

pilot
On Letterman? I don't think it is in his contract that he needs to be P.C... :confused:

For what it's worth, it was a funny video imo.

He doesn't "need" to be PC. But in today's world, he is a notable part of the media, and should accept that responsibility. When all he does is "bash", he is part of the problem that comes when the media distorts the news by disproportionately showing one perspective.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
He doesn't "need" to be PC. But in today's world, he is a notable part of the media, and should accept that responsibility. When all he does is "bash", he is part of the problem that comes when the media distorts the news by disproportionately showing one perspective.

Letterman is an entertainer whose job is to make people laugh, get over it.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Hilarious! Some people get too damn sensitive about poking fun at public figures. There's a significant difference b/w bashing and fun. Granted, Letterman is no Bush fanfare organizer, but it was funny nonetheless.

Just like ol' Turd Ferguson
turdferguson.jpg

"Found it backstage...it's a big hat...it's funny"

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
The funny perspective.;)

exhelodrvr

pilot
Letterman is an entertainer whose job is to make people laugh, get over it.

Unfortunately, it's one part of the significant bias of the media. If the media would report the news accurately, then this would not matter. Since they don't, it just feeds into the misperceptions that much of the public has.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Unfortunately, it's one part of the significant bias of the media. If the media would report the news accurately, then this would not matter. Since they don't, it just feeds into the misperceptions that much of the public has.

Don't watch too much late night TV comedy, do ya?

All politicians are skewered, some more than others, but no one is going to come out unscathed. And Bush, just like Clinton before him, provided plenty of fodder for late night monologues and sketches. Funny is funny, simple as that.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
so will PresBO be skewered over this debacle of 3 Cabinet nominees that are tax cheats??