• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Farewell to the "PIG"

badger16

None
I always wanted to fly this thing. I heard it was a bat out of hell down near the deck...

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
my dad has great stories about his time in the -111. always sounded like a sweet ride

jmcquate

Contributor
you'd think they could come up with something batter than aardvark for a plane like that

Aardvark was a nickname for it's long nose. To the best of my knowledge, the F-111 was the only USAF aircraft without an offical name.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
'Vark for short, or, for the EF-111s, Spark 'Vark. Love nicknames various planes get. Now if we could only get 'Shocker' to stick...

badger16

None
Saw this video today and thought it would be a good fit in here. One of the "Pig's" (AND NAVY'S!) shinning moments if you ask me. Way to go "Ronnie Ray-gun".

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
I'd like to have been the wingman of the first guy to accidentally discover the dump and burn capability and not blow himself up.

Flying Toaster

None
The much played low passes. I can't think of a better way to have your windows broken-

Some neat views of the annual flyby they do for the Indy race. Definitely no 1000/250 restrictions present, I wonder what the FAA would think of a dump and burn between buildings?

I can't think of anything much more surreal than a nighttime dump and burn. Reminds me of the shots the news had of Tomahawks going into Baghdad during the opening night of OIF.