• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Farewell to the "PIG"

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
EF-111 is also credited with the first USAF kill of Desert Storm. On the first night of Desert Storm while being chased by a French-built Iraqi F-1 Mirage, the Raven pilot scrammed at top speed in afterburner while heading down hill and engaged the TFR system with the autopilot to only 100 feet above the pitch-black desert floor. The Raven pulled up the Mirage didn’t !! EF-111A 66-0016 , is now a “gate-guard” at Cannon AFB.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forum...l-victory-over-another-aircraft-(1st-and-only)

Flying Toaster

None
Some neat footage along with gear up arrested landing. Show was from back in 07', looks like it may be worth watching.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Some neat footage along with gear up arrested landing. Show was from back in 07', looks like it may be worth watching.

Cool video. Pretty ballsy method for taking a fly in arrestment, but I guess you do what you have to do given the circumstances (doubt they had a paddles :) )

yak52driver

Contributor
That was some interesting footage of the gear up landing. It appears as though the arresting gear shortened the "rollout" compared to similar videos where it wasn't used. Awesome find.

blackbart22

pilot
A Vig used to "dump and burn" as part of dependents day cruise airshows. The announcer would say that an enemy was headed for the ship and that the F-4 were attacking him. He'd then say that the F-4 had fired aa missle and when the Vig started trailing fire, he'd yell that they got him.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A Vig used to "dump and burn" as part of dependents day cruise airshows. The announcer would say that an enemy was headed for the ship and that the F-4 were attacking him. He'd then say that the F-4 had fired aa missle and when the Vig started trailing fire, he'd yell that they got him.

BlackBart, was t*at on our CONNIE *adventure" in '67? If so, I t*ink t*at it would *ave been t*e RVA*-9 Owls.
BzB

blackbart22

pilot
I think it was between the '67 cruise and the 68' cruise, probably RVAH-5. I launched the particpants off the waist with the bow area packed with wives and kiddies. Not a comfortable evolution, but a hell of a show.

Stitch 462

Aardvark was a nickname for it's long nose. To the best of my knowledge, the F-111 was the only USAF aircraft without an offical name.

Not entirely true. While called the 'Ardvark' unoffically its whole career at the -111's retirement ceremony they officially named it. OK a day late and a dollar short but finally official.

jmcquate

Contributor
Not entirely true. While called the 'Ardvark' unoffically its whole career at the -111's retirement ceremony they officially named it. OK a day late and a dollar short but finally official.

I did not know that. How adout the EF?