• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fall 2021 AMDO Board

jrhastie65

yes, but just because a person is selected on an board that will fill FY 22 spots doesn't mean they won't shift the person to a FY 23 spot, it happens with all designators every year.

The number being selected has nothing to do with the number of applicants, I said the number applying for this board is low because as of last week only 4 were showing applications reviewed and ready for board, the number working through the process is unknown.

ANy update on these numbers? How many re applied and ready for board?

MileHighBurt

I’ve certainly sent mine in. I was an SNA nonselect in August and have since aged out. So I’m in the NFO and AMDO running this time around. Just waiting for that at-board list…

jrhastie65

Naval flight officer, those are the flight officers that usually run the radar, sensors, or command setups in p8, e2, ea18, among other platforms. Think goose from topgun, though a radio intercept officer is slightly outdated.

lol got it thank you for the explanation. I am a gas turbine system electrician GSE so the air side of the navy is pretty foreign to me. On top of the fact that I was out for like 15 years and just got back into the reserves. I’m 38 so she wise I’m ok but man I have been trying for awhile to pick up suppo and it didn’t work so now I’m trying AMDO

MileHighBurt

lol got it thank you for the explanation. I am a gas turbine system electrician GSE so the air side of the navy is pretty foreign to me. On top of the fact that I was out for like 15 years and just got back into the reserves. I’m 38 so she wise I’m ok but man I have been trying for awhile to pick up suppo and it didn’t work so now I’m trying AMDO
I just turned 34 and did nukes in the Air Force and heavy maintenance in REDHORSE AF reserves for about 10 years. (CM in the navy) the only stuff open to my now is NFO and AMDO that I’m aware of. Im also in civilian flight training currently so… I’m open to anything.

MileHighBurt

Oh yeah, it won’t be out for another week. I’m not sure, I’m civilian. I just know the other boards post it to the forums when it comes out.

Kevin Vo

Let me try to find the link but I’m pretty sure it’s a little early unless they update it very often after more applicants are processed for the October board.

MileHighBurt

Just fyi , this is what I’m rocking:

ASTBE 48 6/7/6
34 years old
10 years prior service
Medical waiver: Y
Age waiver:N
BA from Ohio State-Anthropology
GPA: 3.1 cumulative
56 hours of flight time

jrhastie65

Was just told by officer recruiter that the fall board for AMDO on the reserve side got pushed out to April with packages needing to be submitted by feb 22