• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FAA Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Means nothing for flying - ATC carries on as usual. However the tax money that's not being collected is permanently lost, so... man, whatever. When we default in a week none of this shit will matter.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Are the airline's still collecting the taxes? Nice little profit for them if they are.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

ATCS

Sorry, it must be wearing me down. I have to deal with those questions on a daily basis. It's always the 2% that make the other 98% look bad.

ATCS

ON the subject of airlines bumping prices The Wall Street Journal reports
"Except that most airlines raised their prices quickly to soak up the tax savings. Prices for buyers remained roughly the same –- but airlines get to keep more of the fare. Fair?
Alaska Airlines and Spirit Airlines were the notable exceptions that let consumers have the savings. Virgin America passed the savings on over the weekend, but Monday morning raised prices in many markets, except where it competes with Alaska on the West Coast. United, Delta, American, Southwest, US Airways, jetBlue and Frontier all raised prices over the weekend by at least 7.5%, according to Rick Seaney, chief executive of FareCompare.com".

ATCS

Exactly. You don't have to worry about it. You're dead!!! The controller has to carry around the burden of your death. Can't you see how how much more stressful that is?

KBayDog

Exactly. You don't have to worry about it. You're dead!!! The controller has to carry around the burden of your death. Can't you see how how much more stressful that is?

Why do I have a sick feeling that you're not kidding?

ATCS

Why do I have a sick feeling that you're not kidding?
All kidding aside. I spent most of my career in front of a radar scope, and the most stressful days were the ones trying to vector traffic around thunderstorms. I mostly used the follow me method. I would get constant updates as to the ride and precip and suggest the route. Occasionally a pilot would op out and try his own route. Sometimes good, sometime big mistake. The bottom line was a consorted effort to get everyone home safe. My hats always off to you guys because whenever a pilot would ask what I thought about a certain route around weather, my first thought was I was damn glad my butt was in the TRACON, but would use what ever mean available to ensure the safest route possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.