• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB FAA Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge PDF (for ASTB aviation section)

Cgunner91

Supply Corps
Hey, all

Coming from somebody who doubled their ASTB scores from a 3/4/3 to a 6/8/6, the FAA Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge helped significantly improve my aviation section score. I linked it below. It seems it might have been shared here often, but I just wished to make another thread about it for newcomers who might not have been aware.

I'd 100% recommend reading most of (or the entire) PDF which covered all the concepts I was tested on: colored pictures of instruments, aircraft construction, components, thermodynamics, physics, navigation, taxi procedures, etc.

It comes in typical college textbook format with colored, visual representations of pretty much everything related to aviation and aircraft. Visual learning is my strength, so this helped a lot for me on the aviation section than simply studying endless bullet points. A few sections went into much greater detail than what was on the ASTB, but over-studying never hurt anybody.

I studied 1-2 chapters of this PDF an hour a day before I went to bed. I also bought the "Barron's Military Flight Aptitude Tests" book from my campus library which contained several practice tests to take on weekends when I had more time off.

Here it is:

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aviation/phak/media/pilot_handbook.pdf

--------------------------------------

Last edited: