• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F18 Superhornet or F16CJ

Which is the better fighter F18 Super Hornet or F16CJ

• F18 Super Hornet

Votes: 44 84.6%
  • F16 CJ

Votes: 8 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
huh? TACAIR lite? F-16CJ's & F/A-18E/F's? "lite" compared to what?

Here ya go - I'll take a division of CJ's & a division of SH's against your four ship of F-14's & four F-4's --- I'd even spot you a four ship of A-6's so you could have some attack capability. Strike against a Point DCA, then swap roles. To make it fair, we'll take multiple targets within an airfield size area obscured by clouds, you can have just one VFR target located on an airfield.

:)

S/F

I was referring to King Kong (Ditka) versus the biplanes (ie TACAIR lite) in the image I posted...how you turn into a two division force on force scenario is beyond me. These aircraft likely won't ever operate that way anyway unless your painting an Iranian scenario.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, pistols at dawn then? :)

I'm more old-fashioned and so should you be going to America's best facsimile of a Prussian school and in that vein, swords would do fine. You should be looking for a duelling scar anyway...rah, rah, rah!

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Did I hear... Da Coach?

71391534_5de1c02f4a_m.jpg

DitkaFinger.jpg

ditkacoach03pf-1.jpg

g2s

On a serious note, the answer to your question is .... it depends. Too many variables, though most importantly, which aircraft is being flown by the more experienced pilot. Other variables are fuel, altitude, experience, aspect, assets available, experience, radar, intel, experience, experience... Ask any of the guys here with experience. I think they'll tell you the same. Experience goes a long way.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
On a serious note, the answer to your question is .... it depends. Too many variables, though most importantly, which aircraft is being flown by the more experienced pilot. Other variables are fuel, altitude, experience, aspect, assets available, experience, radar, intel, experience, experience... Ask any of the guys here with experience. I think they'll tell you the same. Experience goes a long way.

Just like when F-16s got vectored on some Super Galebs and one pilot downed 3 and another didn't have a clue. Same pilot gets bagged later by an SA-6.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
I was referring to King Kong (Ditka) versus the biplanes (ie TACAIR lite) in the image I posted...how you turn into a two division force on force scenario is beyond me. These aircraft likely won't ever operate that way anyway unless your painting an Iranian scenario.
jarhead = tumbleweed ... thought you were dig'n on modern tacair so i was giving you some shit. (my laptop is setup to block images so i didn't see your Kong pic).

S/F

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
jarhead = tumbleweed ... thought you were dig'n on modern tacair so i was giving you some shit. (my laptop is setup to block images so i didn't see your Kong pic).

S/F

no worries

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I'm more old-fashioned and so should you be going to America's best facsimile of a Prussian school and in that vein, swords would do fine. You should be looking for a duelling scar anyway...rah, rah, rah!

Sabers will do fine. To first blood, on the field of honor, sir.
I stand ready.

attachment.php

P.S. rep to whoever can tell me who this man is.

Attachments

• vmiLarge.jpg
    vmiLarge.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 54

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
General George Marshall, Army Chief of Staff during World War 2.

More correctly, General of the Army (5 stars) upon retirement. but in the photo he was a cadet at VMI where 75 attends school (no doubt why he's interested). You in his old room per chance?

PS Got any alumni shot of "Stonewall" Jackson? He's arguably just as famous as a VMI connected personage.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
More correctly, General of the Army (5 stars) upon retirement. but in the photo he was a cadet at VMI where 75 attends school (no doubt why he's interested). You in his old room per chance?

PS Got any alumni shot of "Stonewall" Jackson? He's arguably just as famous as a VMI connected personage.

No, I haven't had the privilege of being in his room. But seeing as you mentioned my alma mater, I figured I'd hijack this thread even further, and work some trivia in. I haven't yet been able to find any pictures of Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson from his years teaching Physics and artillery at The Institute. Do have a picture of his statue though. Legend holds that when someone is drummed out due to an honor violation, his head turns around to face barracks.

Attachments

• PA136087.JPG
    PA136087.JPG
    788.6 KB · Views: 24

Rasczak

Marine
does it really matter? Half of the people that responded have NO flight experience while the other half do and at most it's all asthetic because most have never flown one of the other god darned planes. Stupid thread. Seriously. Fucking gay.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.