• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F18 Superhornet or F16CJ

Which is the better fighter F18 Super Hornet or F16CJ

• F18 Super Hornet

Votes: 44 84.6%
  • F16 CJ

Votes: 8 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
It would be somewhat like this

kingkong.jpg

But King Kong loses in the end. I find fault with your analogy, sir. :eek:;)

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
If you want to help fill the shoes of those before you, do what a lot of us are doing now; reading and learning from the men on this board like Bunk and applying it to what we are going to do in our lives so that we can fill their shoes successfully.

Trust me guys thats all I'm trying to do...I've been on here non-stop ever since I've become a member, I've purchased aviation books/guides/manuals/you name it to get this ASTB out of the way and try to do what all of you are doing or have done in the past, because I have the utmost respect for you who have done it. I know many aviators (my father included, ret.) and it's all I've wanted to ever do.

I've had the luxury of growing up a military brat, and in once sense very respectful of others, yet I know there are times in which I say things that sometimes come out the wrong way. I know that is what has happened recently.

To Bunk: apologies if ever it sounded like something it wasn't; sincerely, no disrespect..

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Trust me guys thats all I'm trying to do...I've been on here non-stop ever since I've become a member, I've purchased aviation books/guides/manuals/you name it to get this ASTB out of the way and try to do what all of you are doing or have done in the past, because I have the utmost respect for you who have done it. I know many aviators (my father included, ret.) and it's all I've wanted to ever do.

I've had the luxury of growing up a military brat, and in once sense very respectful of others, yet I know there are times in which I say things that sometimes come out the wrong way. I know that is what has happened recently.

To Bunk: apologies if ever it sounded like something it wasn't; sincerely, no disrespect..

Before this becomes a tempest in a teapot, let's get back to our regularly scheduled programming...at least in this thread, which is now far afield from the original question.

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
Before this becomes a tempest in a teapot, let's get back to our regularly scheduled programming...at least in this thread, which is now far afield from the original question.

Agreed...just clearin the air.

So how 'bout them F/A 18's..:D

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
... TACAIR lite?
huh? TACAIR lite? F-16CJ's & F/A-18E/F's? "lite" compared to what?

Here ya go - I'll take a division of CJ's & a division of SH's against your four ship of F-14's & four F-4's --- I'd even spot you a four ship of A-6's so you could have some attack capability. Strike against a Point DCA, then swap roles. To make it fair, we'll take multiple targets within an airfield size area obscured by clouds, you can have just one VFR target located on an airfield.

:)

S/F

Semper Jump Jet

Ninja smoke...POOF.
pilot
Since most AF guys are geeks I'll approach this from the proper perspective. The original question was which is the better FIGHTER, F-18 Super Hornet or F-16 CJ. Since the actual nomenclature is F/A-18, the F-16 is a better fighter since it is 100% F vice the 50% F of the Rhino, which is also 50% A, neglecting the weight of the "/".

This is only partially offset by the fact that 18 is greater than 16, which only wins if you use Math for Marines. :D

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator

It would take a lot more than that to make me angry, especially the net. Remember, I'm an naval aviator and it taks thick skin to survive. However, I'm still a smart ass and will be curt with certain remarks. That is the Bunk :)

Status
Not open for further replies.