• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-35B/C Lightning II (Joint Strike Fighter)

Srtitan89

Sorry for asking an unreasonable, unintelligent question. Mistakenly I thought naval aviators would have some knowledge about how many JSFs they plan to deploy and when - I guess I was wrong.

I'll try asking my questions on an Air Force site next time.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Sorry for asking an unreasonable, unintelligent question. Mistakenly I thought naval aviators would have some knowledge about how many JSFs they plan to deploy and when - I guess I was wrong.

Well ... you are forgiven for being unreasonable, unintelligent, and mistaken. We've all been there once or twice ...

But since you have no sense of humor and can't take any ribbing, to boot ... why don't you stay on the Air Force site ... next time.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator

I'm sensing tears on this one :D

millerjd

Stayin' alive
Mistakenly I thought naval aviators would have some knowledge about how many JSFs they plan to deploy and when - I guess I was wrong.

I hope you are being sarcastic, cause it's coming off rude. This has been discussed at great lengths already so the search function plus maybe a little googling will get you your info you're looking for.

Neg rep for communication skills

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
^^ agreed. I think it'll have to remain flexible given the wartime environment. I wouldn't be surprised if it was pushed back another couple years.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I dont think the Marine Corps has had an aircraft delivered within 5 years of an advertised date in the last forty years but maybe the F-35 and it's seven consecutive miracles required for flight will be different.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
but maybe the F-35 and it's seven consecutive miracles required for flight will be different

"Yeah, and maybe I'm a chinese jet pilot." - Ash.

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
The sole blame for any delays will rest on the shoulders of Congress. LMaero has a really cool facility and they have developed some really cool new technology to build that thing. The line is awesome. My biggest worry about the whole project, from a technical standpoint is that crazy lift fan transmission. Talk about a miracle.