• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-35 article

Pags

N/A
pilot
That's exactly what happened.
I assure you this is the only time this has ever happened.

At one point I had a USG CDRL manager tell me I had to have an OEM reissue monthly CDRLs from 5yrs ago to close a contract because we lost them (but we still had the annual summary one).

jmcquate

Contributor
The schematics were on microfiche. So a misfile was the same as destruction, and program offices' had a bad habit of not returning them.

Pags

N/A
pilot
The schematics were on microfiche. So a misfile was the same as destruction, and program offices' had a bad habit of not returning them.
Micro-what? I kid...kind of.

Nowadays they drop em off electronically and they end up filed as a file name that makes sense to some CDRL guy somewhere but not to an engineer. So if you search a share drive/SharePoint/etc for "thiokol o-ring schematic" you'll get nothing. But you would have found it if only you had know to search for 0123456NASA-JSC-CTRShopX: 1984-REVb-314156-AE/03.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Until recently, the C-17 sim did not have the modeling data to effectively replicate AAR well enough to where a pilot could maintain currency in that particular evolution. Boeing had the data it just chose not to share it with the AF and sim provider until the AF wrote a sizable check to "license" the data. Its well regarded in AF circles as legalized extortion.
I flew a B727 with a lower T/O max weight than most. We got it upgraded by writing Boeing a hefty check. No changes to the plane, just new paperwork.

jmcquate

Contributor
Micro-what? I kid...kind of.

Nowadays they drop em off electronically and they end up filed as a file name that makes sense to some CDRL guy somewhere but not to an engineer. So if you search a share drive/SharePoint/etc for "thiokol o-ring schematic" you'll get nothing. But you would have found it if only you had know to search for 0123456NASA-JSC-CTRShopX: 1984-REVb-314156-AE/03.
Taxonomies matter. If you can't query information, you don't have it.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Taxonomies matter. If you can't query information, you don't have it.
Someone built a file structure somewhere that makes sense to them. The key is to find that person and then they'll say, "the o-ring schematic? It's right here..."