• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Eye protection?

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
Does Lime disease come with these?

20070305-landshark.jpg

corona-extra-mexico.jpg

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I was kind of laughing at you guys worrying about ticks...

I guess the jokes on me. I was doing pullups on the bars by LZ-7 today and somehow, just standing next to a treeline, two ticks were able to find their way up onto my legs.

Can't wait to lay prone in that shit...

KBayDog

Tick nest. Surpassed only by the leech infested swamp with a side helping of chiggers on my "things I hate about the woods" list.

Reasons #8769, 8770, and 8771 why the words "East Coast" should never appear on one's duty station dream sheet.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Buy some damned Permetherin and treat your cammies. Deet is like hot sauce for ticks.

Check yourself regularly, and don't be shy: Ask your buddy to help check the undercarriage for those sneaky little fuckers.

If you do contract Lyme Disease, go get treatment ASAP! A good antibiotic regime will clear it up, but it if winds up advancing beyond the early stages, you can suffer permanent neurological problems, chronic joint pain, etc. Don't mess around with it.

Edit: Oh, and wear your damn eyepro. If you're like me and can't stand the issued ESS crap, here you go: www.usstandardissue.com

KBayDog

Buy some damned Permetherin and treat your cammies. Deet is like hot sauce for ticks.

Check yourself regularly, and don't be shy: Ask your buddy to help check the undercarriage for those sneaky little fuckers.

If you do contract Lyme Disease, go get treatment ASAP! A good antibiotic regime will clear it up, but it if winds up advancing beyond the early stages, you can suffer permanent neurological problems, chronic joint pain, etc. Don't mess around with it.

Edit: Oh, and wear your damn eyepro. If you're like me and can't stand the issued ESS crap, here you go: www.usstandardissue.com

Or just accept orders to SoCal.

SanDog Survival Guide:

1. Wear sunscreen.
2. Have a DD/call a cab.
3. That is all.