• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Explanation of "scroll" process and Timeline of events until receipt of COMDOCs

Intel_warrior

Dog,

I was on the July Supply board as well and I just got my FINSEL letter yesterday (dated Jan 28). I am a current gov't employee with a clearance, 24 years old and healthy as an ox (literally NO health problems) and I just got my documents in. Of all of the people that I came in with I was the youngest, healthiest, and absolute last person to get all of their paperwork pushed to the right place. Moral of the story? I have learned that thing don't normally make sense in this process.

Iceman,
When it comes to things like this, It is good to be a gov employee with a clearance. Just because you may be healthier and younger than the others does not constitute you being the best for the job at hand. There may be someone that is healthy(maybe not like you) and has more education/experience than you. Hopefully you are not offended, but just don't get the big head.

Iceman6291

Iceman,
When it comes to things like this, It is good to be a gov employee with a clearance. Just because you may be healthier and younger than the others does not constitute you being the best for the job at hand. There may be someone that is healthy(maybe not like you) and has more education/experience than you. Hopefully you are not offended, but just don't get the big head.

Not offended, I was just trying to confer that the process is slow and sometimes doesn't make sense. As I re-read that post I can see how I might have come off as being "big headed", however, I assure everyone that wasn't my intention. My bad everyone.

cargodog

FINALLY GOT MY FINAL SELECT LETTER! Apparently, the pony express is slow up here to the Northwest. Its dated 28 Jan. How long has it taken everyone to get their DOCS?

Devil Duck

I still haven't seen my FINSEL, but was told today that COMDOCS were requested on 2 Feb. Apparently, I should see them within the next few weeks. I'm still trying to understand how some folks got COMDOCs within days of FINSEL, while others wait weeks. I suppose some questions will go unanswered.

tenntoo

That's awesome news! Two more down with cargodog's FINSEL and Duck's COMDOC request.

I called my recruiter after last week's round of FINSELs and got some interesting insight. As he was logging into OTools to check my status I asked if he did that everyday. He said that he most definitely did not login every day because "things don't move that fast".

Who is (like me) still hearing nothing more than crickets chirping in the dark? Could you chime in for a head count?

Best,

-tenntoo

Intel_warrior

tenntoo
I would say if you got the FINSEL, wait the ten days to see if the recruiter calls. That would be 2/11 for the dated 28 Jan FINSELS. If you didn't get a FINSEL, call or email once a week to check in with the recruiter. With email, you have a log of when you contacted the recruiter.

3912DCO

That's awesome news! Two more down with cargodog's FINSEL and Duck's COMDOC request.

I called my recruiter after last week's round of FINSELs and got some interesting insight. As he was logging into OTools to check my status I asked if he did that everyday. He said that he most definitely did not login every day because "things don't move that fast".

Who is (like me) still hearing nothing more than crickets chirping in the dark? Could you chime in for a head count?

Best,

-tenntoo

Chiming in!

I'm a bit behind the curve because I got stuck in a mess with Medical...if the Navy had requested any more information from my civilian doctor, he would have expected an engagement ring!

My PQ letter is dated 1-FEB and I received an email from my recruiter telling me that my billet information has been submitted and my FINSEL should be coming down the pipe soon.

To me it looks like the log-jam has passed and the last of us should sail through by the end of the month. However that's coming from a guy who thought his medical stuff would have been resolved in early January, so my track record isn't so hot. :'(

Devil Duck

I'm still trying to figure out timelines. I was PQ'd on 5 Nov, and on the 21 Nov signed scroll - seemingly with no hiccups in my package. And yet I wait. All I know is that some kindly old lady in sneakers has let me down.

I'm going to end up having to do cheetah flips to get uniforms. The nearest NEX is 4 hours one way by car. Of course this weekend will be a long one in San Diego, but as I am not yet commissioned obviously I cannot purchase uniforms. Time permitting I may try local cleaners for left-behinds., but I'm not willing to spend too much time on the unsure thing.

cargodog

Duck: I'm confused. You don't have your FINSEL letter yet or you do?

Tentoo: were you on the OCT or NOV scrolls? I think everyone getting letters last week were OCT.

I received a copy of mine yesterday. Complete with unit and all, dated 28 JAN. I was on the Oct scrolls. From what I understand the DOCS have been sent. I'm really crossing my fingers that they have, as I'm shooting for a 19 FEB commissioning.