• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Explanation of "scroll" process and Timeline of events until receipt of COMDOCs

caroratz

Intel active duty training dates?

Thanks for all the helpful information. I will look over the PDF file. I also just got selected and I am now working on the next part of the process. Like Charlie, I have already received my medical clearance. However, I am trying to make sure I don't miss doing anything important--especially since I am in China for this year. If you think of anything else I should be doing or any additional advice please post it or PM me. I do have one question. Since, I work with the State Department in the diplomatic corps I am trying to do the active duty Intel training session (i.e. all the training at once 5-6 months straight). My recruiter said this is possible. However, I am wondering if anyone knows the training dates/schedule starting anytime after June 2010?

Thanks for all the help.

-Carolyn

dephyler

Contributor
My recruiter said this is possible. However, I am wondering if anyone knows the training dates/schedule starting anytime after June 2010?

Thanks for all the help.

-Carolyn

It's definitely possible. I don't know about dates, but that's something that you can work out once you start drilling. Normally you're not supposed to contact a schoolhouse directly, you get a quota through your chain of command. DangerousDan on this board successfully went to the AD schoolhouse.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Attending the Active Duty course is possible, but you must plan now because the slots fill up quickly. I was told that the first "open" Active Duty course at NMITC is not until May 2010.

I would start inquiring with your Unit CoC as soon as possible.

dephyler

Contributor
I would start inquiring with your Unit CoC as soon as possible.

But, for those that aren't even commissioned yet, I highly doubt the schoolhouse is going to be handing out quotas. I agree with diligence and managing your own career, but IMO, there's a point where obsessing over it causes way too much stress. It's October now essentially, so most of these selectees won't be commissioned until next year. Factor in the additional month before drills, followed by the admin work once you arrived at the gaining unit, and it may not be until after May that they're ready to start school. And if there are clearance holdups, it'll be even longer. My clearance issues led to me not being able to start school until my 13th month drilling. Have some ideas, get some background, but trying to chase a quota for the AD school a week after selecting is fraught with peril.

What I think would be the best approach in these months is to learn about Navy culture. Learn about JOPA and how to be a good JO. Read some of the posts by the salty members on this board and you'll learn a ton. DCO school no longer teaches about the culture of the Navy so it's up to us to fill those gaps. <stepping off soap box>

bucki4lyfe

Michigan Sucks
It's definitely possible. I don't know about dates, but that's something that you can work out once you start drilling. Normally you're not supposed to contact a schoolhouse directly, you get a quota through your chain of command. DangerousDan on this board successfully went to the AD schoolhouse.

Dephyler's right that it is possible. I just spoke with my OIC recently and he told me the next available active duty NIOBC is next August. However, each NIOBC class only has 20 slots for active duty and 5 for reservists. So, I guess you probably would have to decide pretty soon.

X

xxxCharliexxx

Pt?

Other than my MEPS physical, do I need to do a PT test while the scrolling process takes place? (Running, pushups, etc.) Is it part of commissioning? If so, what does it entail and what are the requirements?
I don't think I will have one bit of trouble with it but if it needs to be checked off the list then I need to get it done :)

Thanks!

Mos

None
Other than my MEPS physical, do I need to do a PT test while the scrolling process takes place? (Running, pushups, etc.) Is it part of commissioning? If so, what does it entail and what are the requirements?
I don't think I will have one bit of trouble with it but if it needs to be checked off the list then I need to get it done :)

Thanks!

NVM, I stand corrected k2fourever.

k2fourever

That's only for AD I believe Mos. Charlie, my recruiter told me that the PRT doesn't occur until you begin drilling with your unit.

das

Contributor
You also do two PRTs at DCOIC. On the DCOIC Academics page, it says:

Military training at Direct Commission Officer's Indoctrination Course is comprised of the following categories:

Physical Training: There are two Physical Fitness Assessments (PFA): the Indoctrination PFA and the Out-PFA.

X

xxxCharliexxx

Thanks

Thanks,

Do you happen to know what the assessments consist of? I'm trying to ready myself and would like to know if I need to perk up the workouts. Does anyone know what the assessment assesses? lol And what stands for 'passing' versus 'exceptional'?

Thanks again, this is always the first place I turn for answers - you guys are amazing!

-Charlie

USAF.Boom

Scroll Wait

Does anyone know a date for Congress to Scroll us? This wait is killing me. This is the slowest thing ever.

3912DCO

Does anyone know a date for Congress to Scroll us? This wait is killing me. This is the slowest thing ever.

I was looking at the Congressional Record for the past couple of years and it looks like there is virtually nothing done on any type of military appointment in the month of October (1st month of the fiscal year). It looks like they get a decent amount of them through, just before Thanksgiving and then it goes quiet again until after the first of the year.

Just an observation. My recruiter told me, "the worst part is the waiting."

X

xxxCharliexxx

Selects in waiting....

This is to all of those selected and waiting for the scroll process...

What is everyone going through as you wait? For me, so far I had already had visited MEPS previously but needed to update my fingerprints and my medical history. Other than that, I have had my medical submitted and my security clearance started.

I can't recall his name, but I found it highly helpful when someone told us about him needing the updated security form. So, this is just an attempt to see if anyone is running into any snags or processes that we can all share in so that we can avoid them. Also, to know if other people are starting processes that we should also start, pay attention to, or look into further.

This is my first rodeo so I'm not always sure of the procedures and I think this forum is excellent for information sharing.

So, if you have anything that you have come across as a select, let us all know :)

Thanks!

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
...needing the updated security form.

The SF-86 is here: http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Once you are commissioned, you will eventually be given access to e-QIP (http://www.opm.gov/e-QIP/), whereby you will update your information - electronically - to the 10-year point for an SSBI. If you wanted to save some time you could compile the information so that you have it ready when the time comes.

Not much else you can do until you are commissioned and have your CAC card.

For me, it was about ~3 months from the time I visited MEPS until the time I was commissioned/sworn-in.