• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Europe under extreme duress

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

The whole thing is a bit...off. Not sure how POW exchanges have happened in the past between Russia and Ukraine but flying a planeload of them right near the front line isn't the 'norm' elsewhere.

Sadly, Twitter posts from people with American Flags in their profiles are nearly always disinformation.

19b.jpg

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Sadly, Twitter posts from people with American Flags in their profiles are nearly always disinformation.
Talk in the office this morning regarding Tik-Tok. Pro Palestinian vs Pro Israel videos are trending 50:1. The discussion was about this being an example of CCP/PLA explicitly manipulating the platform. PRC can't compete with us financially or kinetically but weaponizing a generation of Western youth seems to be the play. Interesting.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
It appears that another Russian Black Sea Fleet warship sleeps with the fishes.👍

Hopefully, the House can get around MAGA Mike's opposition and pass the Senate's bipartisan aid deal.
It is remarkable to see how the attack unfolds. It seems the sea state bounces the attack boats around quite a lot and I guess steering remotely is quite a task.

Also interesting that kids can already get a model of the attack boats!

IMG_1720.jpeg

Last edited:

robav8r

None
Contributor
Interesting article that raises more questions about the need for continued financial aid to Ukraine. The current administration (and their supportive talking heads in the media) certainly give unwavering support for seemingly never ending aid for Zelensky. Interested in your thoughts, and no, not the WE MUST DEFEAT PUTIN OVER THERE !!! ones.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Interesting article that raises more questions about the need for continued financial aid to Ukraine. The current administration (and their supportive talking heads in the media) certainly give unwavering support for seemingly never ending aid for Zelensky. Interested in your thoughts, and no, not the WE MUST DEFEAT PUTIN OVER THERE !!! ones.
It does raise some interesting points, but I’d argue that geopolitics can not be anchored on acts from 10+ years ago. In a broad sweep response, I agree that a solution is at the negotiating table (as with all wars) but I’m not sure how much trust I would place in Putin…but then again…geopolitics. Mathematically, the Ukraine can win unless Russia gets bored (kind of like the U.S. in some of our latest adventures…but different) or Russian mothers rise up against sending their sons to die down there (much like Russia’s Afghan war). Of course I am emotionally tied to any nation that bends toward democracy, even a messy one, and I would love to see Russia give up. That said, I agree there will be no great breakthrough by the Ukrainian forces but entirely disagree that western weapons have been ineffective in the war as the author implies in the fourth paragraph up from the end of the article.

In the end, I’m kind of getting tired of all these old dudes (politicians) fighting the Cold War…again…but now that the game is on Ukrainian freedom must be ensured by much more than a Putin-backed treaty.

taxi1

pilot
Accepting the article's premises that the war must end with negotiations, you ALWAYS want to enter negotiations from a position of strength, not weakness. Strength in this case means Russia sees an unending stream of support for Ukraine. That brings them to the table sooner, not later. That saves lives.

Ukraine is a democracy, Russia is an autocracy. If Ukraine wants to fight, and their interests align with ours (they do), we should support them. To quote the Gettysburg Address in remembrance of the Ukraine patriots already lost...

It is for us, the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here, have, thus far, so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.