• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Europe under extreme duress

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Been a while since I looked at this thread but “extreme duress” now seems like an understatement.

Meh. "Extreme" is a word that gets thrown around a lot- historically, it's not all that extreme. Tensions are high, but unless Putin's even crazier than people suspect, I don't think Europe is facing an existential crisis. At least, not yet.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My favorite part: “Duma member threatened him in a profanity-laced rant on live TV. On his way home, the angry Russian lawmaker fell off his bike and broke his collarbone.” ???

I think that is indicative of Russia's performance in the war so far, I'm not kidding either. It is worse in many respects than what has been made public. Unfortunately they have massive piles of ammo left over from the Cold War coupled with a stubborn determination and spurred by a murderous autocrat that is slowly 'winning' them the war in eastern Ukraine.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Quite the arms deal between South Korea and Poland: Warsaw will purchase 50 jets, 600+ self propelled artillery platforms and nearly 1,000 tanks.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Quite the arms deal between South Korea and Poland: Warsaw will purchase 50 jets, 600+ self propelled artillery platforms and nearly 1,000 tanks.

Well that was unexpected

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor

Interesting, but not that surprising. The current administration is not especially anxious to sell arms internationally (especially to Poland) and I think hopes to spread the global wealth in the arms market. I thought the European commentary was a bit “angry ex-wife” but taken as a whole it looks like a good deal.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Interesting, but not that surprising. The current administration is not especially anxious to sell arms internationally (especially to Poland) and I think hopes to spread the global wealth in the arms market. I thought the European commentary was a bit “angry ex-wife” but taken as a whole it looks like a good deal.
To add to Poland’s purchase, the Czech Republic just announced an order of 24 F-35’s. It appears that some of the Visegrad 4 are beefing up their military.