• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Europe under extreme duress

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
Finland and Sweden almost certainly will join NATO
And Putin will get namely what he wanted officially to prevent: NATO movement closer to RU borders. Another clever and wise tsar for people to bow down, as usually. Let me repeat: educationally and overall culturally Russia runs into absolute dead end.

Max the Mad Russian

And we all thought World War Z would be against zombies…I think it reads “Go Russia!”
No. "Своих не бросаем" reads "We're not leaving ours on their own". Quite stupid statement since no explanations who the fuck those "ours" are. Presumably Ukranians who wanted to get back in Soviet time, whose number might be thousands before the war but now is zero. Or Russian soldiers, criminals and rapists, who are POW in Ukraine or dead laying on Ukranian soil. Either way this is ultimately stupid phrase.

Random8145

And Putin will get namely what he wanted officially to prevent: NATO movement closer to RU borders. Another clever and wise tsar for people to bow down, as usually. Let me repeat: educationally and overall culturally Russia runs into absolute dead end.
Shame too, as the country has historically been a source of a lot of brainpower. For example, I believe one of SpaceX's rockets is based on a Cold War Russian design. One of the preeminent gear theorists (designs of mechanical gears, which are very complicated) was a Soviet Russian (Faydor Litvin), who immigrated to the U.S. Vladimir Pentkovski was a Russian computer engineer who also immigrated to the U.S. to work for Intel. It is believed the Pentium processor line was named after him (the very first Pentium was his design I believe, and thus utilized Soviet military technologies). Some very seminal mathematical texts I believe have also come from Russia.

Max the Mad Russian

as the country has historically been a source of a lot of brainpower

Good science working for military is not, repeat, not equal to prominent culture. One of the fathers of Soviet H-bomb, Andrew Sakharov, turned to become an avid peacemaker and ombudsman namely due to cultural roots which allowed him to see what his science service for military may lead to. And weapon engineer Michael Kalashnikov, an author of AK assault rifle, once reportedly said: "If I would know how many lives my rifle will finish while I'm still alive, I'd better made the plow".

Last edited:

Max the Mad Russian

There's no DCA on RU surface ships. Just damage control DivO and ultimately CHENG who are in charge of DCFP. Neither CO nor XO could ever been assigned to these posts in their previous duty since they are not maritime engineers by trade but navs or weapon engineers. As a result, CO doesn't know what his ship can endure and for how long. If his CHENG doesn't dare to say the truth, such ship is doomed even if initial damages were bearable.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There's no DCA on RU surface ships. Just damage control DivO and ultimately CHENG who are in charge of DCFP. Neither CO nor XO could ever been assigned to these posts in their previous duty since they are not maritime engineers by trade but navs or weapon engineers. As a result, CO doesn't know what his ship can endure and for how long. If his CHENG doesn't dare to say the truth, such ship is doomed even if initial damages were bearable.
This is one thing that I trust Max with implicitly.