• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Et Tu, Petraeus?

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
So, if you are a President and have an affair, its ok? Wonder what Bill is thinking right about now.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
"Benghazi" is the new "birth certificate."

This is one of the most naive posts I've read in a while. One is championed by Donald Trump. The other cost American's their lives. One was asked and answered. The other seems to have left a lot of people (smart, responsible people) giving Airman Salutes.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
I compare the two because they're both right-wing tropes that are never, ever satisfied and used as political bludgeons against the Obama administration.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
I compare the two because they're both right-wing tropes that are never, ever satisfied and used as political bludgeons against the Obama administration.

Ah... I see, when things get too tough to answer - go ahead and blame it on a right wing conspiracy. A familiar tactic.

Dude, this got f'd away. Spin it in your head however you'd like. The president's own inconsistencies on the matter are troubling. Asking for accountability or answers is not political bludgeoning and the defensive accusations of such are actually rather amusing.

jcj

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...503684_story.html?wprss=rss_national-security

Article in WP today seems pretty credible about the details. Apparently started as a routine e-mail threat investigation by FBI when one of the e-mails was discovered to be his personal e-mail. FBI then had to ensure no compromise of classified secrets or hacked e-mail, but found none of that. Apparently, only evidence of the affair - which (I think) probably prompted him to resign before it went public. I don't think there are any shenanigans here. I think it was a human weakness failure by someone who happens to be a seriously accomplished military leader. And it does suck.

With regard to the biographer, one can't help but wondering...

Paula_Broadwell.jpg 1077_Lisa_Nowak_photo_1.jpg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One of my DC friends that has met Broadwell described her as a Fembot. :D

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
I didn't say it was a conspiracy - you did. It's a trope, a cliche, a shibboleth - something that people of a similar mindset tell each other to signal that they're part of the same social circle. Note that no one outside of right wing media is freaking out, demanding more and more "answers" and saying that the newly provided ones either "don't add up" or "raise more questions."

Dude, this got f'd away.
No one is saying that it wasn't - but there's been lots of accountability and investigation. So far the CIA, the DOD and the State Department have all released consistent timelines and there are hearings scheduled on the Hill. The response from right-wing media has been to quote unnamed sources who are later contradicted or merely raise more questions. I dunno, I guess I just don't see a huge issue here, but then again, I think Obama was born in Hawaii.

jcj

Why would the FBI be contacted about, let alone investigate threatening emails?

dunno - but across state lines/ And if the threat was serious enough and maybe the recipient was a federal employee.

Back in the day (before e-mail was common) a friend of mine was a surgeon in a VA hospital in Texas - he had to deliver bad medical news to a family & the family took it poorly. Later in the morning he got an anonymous threat relayed through the hospital operator that he would "have a bullet in his head" before he went home that night. The VA police blew him off so he called the FBI (VA facilities are, of course, federal property). the FBI took it very seriously & had the hothead family member in handcuffs doing the perp walk before the day was over.

jmcquate

Contributor
"threat" as in the emails had classified information and were a threat to spillage/incorrect disclosure/etc.
Article doesn't say that was the case in the initial complaint. It just said that chic 1 felt threatened by crazy chic 2 via emails. Unless chic 1 mentioned Petraeus’s name to the FBI upon initial contact, I can't understand why they would get involved.

I'll bet that chics get threatened by crazy chics on a regular basis and the FBI could care less.