• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Erau

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
That's the name Glenda Jarret (Donna Giambra might be for credit evaluations)

The degree plan is just to show everyone that you can actually complete your degree in the alloted time. It doesn't have to be perfect, but for people with a lot of credits it should be pretty accurate. When you go to the college with a lot of credits, classes that are actually needed become slim pickens. When I did my degree plan I didn't include the classes that I was currently enrolled in. I just counted those 9 credits toward my degree and proceeded from there. When you report from RI the college will do another credit evaluation on you, because some of the BOOST credits xfer over. I think that MH53 should just count those credits he is enrolled in right now (especially since they are ERAU credits and they absolutely will xfer) I've never heard of worldwide xfer they classified my case as an intercampus xfer. I did it myself. I called Glenda and explained to her what I was doing and she hooked it up. Just remember in order to graduate from the main campus you have to take a minimum of 32 credits at the main campus period.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Just remember in order to graduate from the main campus you have to take a minimum of 32 credits at the main campus period.

Its all good then...it sounds like I'll be going summer fall and spring :icon_mi_1

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
What is ERAU's problem?
I talked to both Glenda Jarrett and Sam Granata today. I explained that one, I cannot drop the four classes I’m in right now to transfer, that would be costly (well past drop date) and detrimental to completing the STA-21 Age requirements (remember, I'm 27)in time. Secondly, that I need just something tangible that states I was accepted into the program, which is basically a lateral conversion from Professional Aeronautics to Aeronautics. Sam was decent on the phone, and expedited the transfer to Glenda Jarrett.
Somehow she is “very aware” that numerous "Navy guys” are in the same boat regarding this issue, but seem unwilling to assist in easing the process. It’s frustrating that they are unwilling to accept "extenuating circumstances" with regards to the STA-21 acceptance, especially since this means that they could possible miss out on $1060 a credit hour, granted the $10K will not stretch far at ERAU, but its still free and guaranteed money.
I should not have to wait for an acceptance letter from a University that i have not only been accepted into years ago, but I have been attending (and currently enrolled in) classes with them.
I will say this, Pete Rounsville has been most helpful, and it has been a pleasure dealing with him.

You would think they would allow other colleges and universities to transfer in without transferring the credits at first, and transfer the credits at the end of the Semester.
ERAU worldwide is like Store brand cookies, and ERAU Daytona is like Chips A’hoy cookies. It’s the same darn cookie, different packaging. It would be conceivable that this process would not be difficult, but somehow this has turned into by are the most daunting task, and they (ERAU Staff) are really not being helpful in this matter. I'm becoming disgusted with there rhetoric regarding needing to drop classes to transferring. What’s most unfortunate is that they are the most direct path to a commissioning in my case, and the means to an end regarding graduation.
So, where do I go from here….

“ERAU, from here, go anywhere…” You just have to wait until the end of the semester…

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
"I'm curious how you got done with your degree plan already anyway without seeing your academic evaluation :confused:."

I've been enrolled with ERAU Pro Aero, and its a unilateral conversion to the BSA program. Discussing this with Pete Rounsville confirms this, however, you still have to await Ms. Jarrett.

Did any other prior selectees have this issue that ET1NUKE and I are having?

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Before he even replies I'm pretty sure Jus2mch was in a really similar situation. From what I gathered so far though it seems that he was able to take classes up until the end.

I really hope for your sake (since you need more credit it sounds like than I do) mh53 that you don't have to drop.

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
Before he even replies I'm pretty sure Jus2mch was in a really similar situation. From what I gathered so far though it seems that he was able to take classes up until the end.

I really hope for your sake (since you need more credit it sounds like than I do) mh53 that you don't have to drop.

All of this paperwork needs to be in by 01JAN08, right? I am under the impression that this is the deadline, and that is also with the holidays in there.

If I was to stay Pro Aero, I'd need 4 classes after this semester to graduate.....not including the 6 classes we have to take (Calc, Phys, NS)
Down there, it will increase to 10 (now 11, if i can't take this other online course) classes plus the 6 required classes. This is all of course after these four classes are completed.

Lightning26

I am having the same problems, so I dropped both of my classes today.

I also received my Congrats letter from NSTC today and it says that the acceptance letter and the official degree plan must be turned in no later than 12/24/2007.

So I guess if you talked to the people who give out the acceptance letters at ERAU and they guarantee you can have the acceptance after you graduate on the 15th of December and no later than 24 December. You should be good.

You just might want to talk to someone at NSTC and inform them of your situation, so maybe they could reserve you a spot in the NROTC unit?

Best Regards,

Joe

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
SUCCESS!!!!

I feel like Hero from the show "Heros"

I just got off the phone with Ms. Glenda Jarrett, she said that myself and three other people in this predicament have had the IUT sitting on the next step, and that we should all have an email on Monday of the official acceptance letter!!

She was not apologetic, but basically stated that she understood that the military was requiring these documents sooner than later!

Another update for my personal status, I've spoken and also put in an application to Hampton University, which is about a quarter of the cost of ERAU. If that works out better academically, and since they have been very easy-going thus far, I may not be heading down to DB after all! I would recommend others checking into it at the very least. They are very liberal about accepting credits from ERAU and your SMART transcript. Additionally, the staff are extremely friendly and do not give you the run around like ERAU has been doing! (still chaps my you know what!)

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
SUCCESS!!!!

I feel like Hero from the show "Heros"

I just got off the phone with Ms. Glenda Jarrett, she said that myself and three other people in this predicament have had the IUT sitting on the next step, and that we should all have an email on Monday of the official acceptance letter!!

She was not apologetic, but basically stated that she understood that the military was requiring these documents sooner than later!

Another update for my personal status, I've spoken and also put in an application to Hampton University, which is about a quarter of the cost of ERAU. If that works out better academically, and since they have been very easy-going thus far, I may not be heading down to DB after all! I would recommend others checking into it at the very least. They are very liberal about accepting credits from ERAU and your SMART transcript. Additionally, the staff are extremely friendly and do not give you the run around like ERAU has been doing! (still chaps my you know what!)
Plus if you stay in Hampton you'll be entitled to BAH even while at NSI if I'm not mistaken...since you wouldn't be moving.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
I wasn't referring to NSI/BOOST.....I mean for school...
Well of course you get it there. I was just trying to point out the benefit you would have if you chose Hampton and didn't want to have to move your stuff. I think you'd have to do something extra to request they don't stop your BAH.

It's not like I'm trying to talk you out of coming to ERAU with me :D although it is gonna be expensive!