• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Erau

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
And the website says most degree's are 36-39 hours, so at $1000 a class for 12-13 classes plus books you can get in at around $17-18,000? That's pretty good.

montellv

Professional Badguy
pilot
Aero science '91-'92 (Standard too much beach...not enough money)

I did meet my wife there (Daytona), however.

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
Is anyone else waiting on there transfer from worldwide to DB campus?
What's the hold up down there?
ET1NUKE mentioned to me that he had to drop classes to transfer NOW.
I'm enrolled in four classes (5 this week) this term, and if i have to drop these classes...I'm well past the drop date!
I was told by the DB campus I would not have to drop the classes.....But not the individual (Sam Granada (sp?) who handles the world wide stuff.
Anyone else having issues with the acceptance letters and/or the worldwide-intercollege transfer?

Medical is submitted, degree plan approved by Pete Rounsville.....just waiting on that darn acceptance letter!

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Medical is submitted, degree plan approved by Pete Rounsville.....just waiting on that darn acceptance letter!

Professor Rounseville is the man. If you can find some time to go chat with him and you'll get some crazy stories from Vietnam!

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Is anyone else waiting on there transfer from worldwide to DB campus?
What's the hold up down there?
ET1NUKE mentioned to me that he had to drop classes to transfer NOW.
I'm enrolled in four classes (5 this week) this term, and if i have to drop these classes...I'm well past the drop date!
I was told by the DB campus I would not have to drop the classes.....But not the individual (Sam Granada (sp?) who handles the world wide stuff.
Anyone else having issues with the acceptance letters and/or the worldwide-intercollege transfer?

The local worldwide director out here for me didn't hassle me about dropping after the normal drop date. She didn't know the details when I first submitted my transfer request and then when we got the word I'd need to drop to get the letter she just made it happen. Even went over to Navy College for me and returned the TA voucher and everything.

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
See, if I drop these four (five) classes, this would make it so I would not graduate in time(I turn 29 in 2009). That lies with the problem.
I can't afford to drop these classes now, and It would be silly to set myself that far back now.

Drama....

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Has anyone here tried contacting the NROTC Unit to ask for their input? The Professor of Naval Science and unit advisors offer a lot of good information.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Has anyone here tried contacting the NROTC Unit to ask for their input? The Professor of Naval Science and unit advisors offer a lot of good information.

I have and I think mh53 said he had too. When I called though I was a bit disappointed, I didn't get the answers I wanted to my questions. I was hoping for them to somehow be able to circumvent the system there and get our letters expedited. Since it sounds like some of the other schools out there cater to the STA-21 guys. I am hoping I just called on a bad day or whatever and got a bad impression because it seemed like I knew more than the guy I talked to. He even started asking me questions about one of his OC's :(

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
I have and I think mh53 said he had too. When I called though I was a bit disappointed, I didn't get the answers I wanted to my questions. I was hoping for them to somehow be able to circumvent the system there and get our letters expedited. Since it sounds like some of the other schools out there cater to the STA-21 guys. I am hoping I just called on a bad day or whatever and got a bad impression because it seemed like I knew more than the guy I talked to. He even started asking me questions about one of his OC's :(

Well I am not sure who you talked to at the Unit (I know one advisor just checked in), but hopefully you have better luck in the future. If you call the lady at DB in admissions who does intercampus xfers and credit evaluations (I think Donna Giambra but not for sure) she should be able to expedite the letter.

for MH53, you obviously won't have an accurate degree plan if you drop those classes, so I would talk to Mr. Rounseville since he is the chair of the Aeronautics department at DB. I was enrolled in and finished 3 classes before I departed for BOOST/NSI. If you pass the classes they are going to xfer to the main campus, so I would just finish them out.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
So if I graduate from NSI on Apr 18th any thoughts if I'd be able to make the Summer A term which starts May 8th?

Also does the unit have Naval Science courses in the summer while the MIDN are away or is it only Fall and Spring semesters?

You can start May 8th, but you better hurry up and get a schedule before the classes fill up
Only Fall and Spring
XO's-Fall
CO's-Spring

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Well I am not sure who you talked to at the Unit (I know one advisor just checked in), but hopefully you have better luck in the future.
That's what I heard, pretty much explains it all. My bad.:eek:

MH53, you obviously won't have an accurate degree plan
I'm curious how you got done with your degree plan already anyway without seeing your academic evaluation :confused:.

I think Donna Giambra but not for sure
Think that might be a bit outdated. Sam Granata is the POC for Worldwide campus transfers specifically. Glenda Jarret is the POC for transfers in general. At least those are the two I've been talking to as of late. :D

You can start May 8th, but you better hurry up and get a schedule before the classes fill up
That sucks. I hope you aren't totally serious. About the filling up part that is. I mean I'll be happy to start ASAP. :eek: