• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ERAU Daytona

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do yourself a favor and shut up. Scroll back to first page. Pretend you're a reasonable adult who can look at things with an objective eye. Read through this whole thread. Thank the respondents (who, by the way, have a combined hundred thousand hours in military AND commercial aircraft, dozens of deployments, hundreds of years of first-hand life experience in careers in and out of aviation, and have spent more combined time shitting in a combat zone than you have been alive) for their well-informed and informative opinions.

After you've done all of the above, don't post for a long time.
Chris94, Oops... I think you blew by this one, please reread. Yours FORAC, ADTAKE!:rolleyes:
BzB

Chris94

CWO selected
You're right. Only Riddle nerds are capable of amazing design concepts like that. I guess guys that go to MIT, CalTech, Georgia Tech, Stanford, Princeton, UT Austin, etc... are merely farts in the wind compared to a kid from Riddle. I give up. Go to Riddle. I don't give a shit.
Alright then

Chris94

CWO selected
"Related to" isn't the same as the real thing. You can find success stories of people who went to school anywhere or who didn't even attend college at all, but they are the exception and not the rule.
I see what you're saying

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Well, given your attitude, you'll certainly fit in with the rest of the ERAU crowd.

I saw University of North Dakota mentioned which is a really good school for the price. Their aviation school is quite good and is rated as highly as ERAU without the attached stigma. Also you get to watch some hockey and be around some of the nicest folks in the country. Maybe you can even work on projects with NASA like my BIL and someday design flight instruments with your engineering degree. This is all from personal experience as I attended there as an undergraduate. The only downside is you'll be surrounded by a lot of Scandinavians.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
I don't know exactly what "space physics" entails, but I work at one of the bigger commercial space outfits and we don't have any there. If you really want to design space ships I'd suggest MechE, EE, some of the CS degrees, and to a lesser extent Aero.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
That's not such a bad thing.

Indeed.

swedish-women.jpg

Renegade One

None
Alright then
Hey…can we all just try to get along here?
[Caveat…I enjoyed both the Monty Python and the Swedish Bikini Team things…]
I think we're being a little hard on the Beaver, here.

Chris94 originally asked a pretty valid question about NROTC options available to him, and then frogs started falling from the sky with respect to his choice of an academic institution. WTF?

I'm surprised that OP is still "hanging around the coffee pot" and taking all the ball-kicks to his mainframe over this. Most kids would have walked long ago, and I wouldn't blame them. Frankly that tells me a bit more about HIM than it says about some others. It seems that many of you are intent on making him "feel bad" about his choices to date…fuck that. He wants to be ONE OF US….good enough for me.

If any of you guys who have "spent more time shitting in a combat zone than OP's been alive" want to start puking all over my degree from St. Edward's University…bring your best game. It was "good enough"…which is all that matters. And no "post-Navy" employer valued it any more or any less than any other.

Chris94: Hang in there, kid…that's pretty much what the Navy's looking for anyway.

JTW

A Flying Sea-WO
pilot
Well, given your attitude, you'll certainly fit in with the rest of the ERAU crowd.

You must be talking about those who went to one of the main campuses. Those of us from Worldwide are nothing alike.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
I will be majoring in something related to science or engineering so that's the good news. Family friends that went on to be engineers for Boeing after Embry Riddle, they were a part of the idea and design of winglets... You know that never caught on or anything....

Some........folks.........just..............don't.............GET.......................IT.....

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Bill Gates didn't finish college. Does that mean the path to being the wealthiest man in America starts with dropping out of school? NO! In fact, Mr. Gates himself said in an interview that he is "as far from a typical college dropout as you can get." He finished 3 years of schooling and would have graduated had he applied his high school AP credits. He saw an opportunity with Windows -- one which he thought was extremely time-sensitive -- and he took the risk. If it didn't pan out, he could finish his last year at school.

Chances are you don't have an invention up your sleeve to revolutionize the way we do things. If you did, then you wouldn't even be looking at colleges.

Status
Not open for further replies.