• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ERAU Daytona

Status
Not open for further replies.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Hey…can we all just try to get along here?
[Caveat…I enjoyed both the Monty Python and the Swedish Bikini Team things…]
I think we're being a little hard on the Beaver, here.

Chris94 originally asked a pretty valid question about NROTC options available to him, and then frogs started falling from the sky with respect to his choice of an academic institution. WTF?

I'm surprised that OP is still "hanging around the coffee pot" and taking all the ball-kicks to his mainframe over this. Most kids would have walked long ago, and I wouldn't blame them. Frankly that tells me a bit more about HIM than it says about some others. It seems that many of you are intent on making him "feel bad" about his choices to date…fuck that. He wants to be ONE OF US….good enough for me.

If any of you guys who have "spent more time shitting in a combat zone than OP's been alive" want to start puking all over my degree from St. Edward's University…bring your best game. It was "good enough"…which is all that matters. And no "post-Navy" employer valued it any more or any less than any other.

Chris94: Hang in there, kid…that's pretty much what the Navy's looking for anyway.

I don't think anyone is being overly harsh.

He came on here asking advice. Advice was given by several who have dealt with this very subject. He argued against advice, stating that was what he was going to do anyway. People said that was fine, but it is dumb. He continued to argue.

That makes him either a troll or really thick headed. Either way, I think we have wasted enough of everyone's time making the same point over and over.

Nobody is shitting on anyone's degree. Poly-sci to fly is a fine motto in my opinion. Just don't pay exorbitant amounts of cash doing it and don't look to garner any special favor for it later on. I think everyone's argument, with a few exceptions, is that he can do that same thing for less at a more prestigious university.

There is a NROTC unit at ER. Obviously the Navy felt that it was an institution that it values. Go there, don't go there, I don't give two shits. In the end, it is you and your pocketbook who have to deal with the outcome.

Chris94

CWO selected
Well thank you to everyone on this thread that has ACTUALLY been of some help, I appreciate it sincerely. And to anyone who I might've sounded like a "smart ass" to in my response, I apologize because that was definitely not my intent.I have an incredible amount of respect for every naval aviator on this site that would take time out of their day to give me a few pointers.

Status
Not open for further replies.