• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

EO to Order the Selected Reserve and Certain Members of the Individual Ready Reserve of the Armed Forces to Active Duty

snake020

Contributor
Slightly off topic, but for anyone in TSW who hasn't heard.......14 day self quarantine before drill/coming to work rule just went into effect today if you have traveled outside the local area (of your Reserve command). Probably mostly will affect the folks working airlines, but conceivably anyone who commutes to SELRES flying/drilling as well.
Source? The last ALNAVRESFOR on the subject only mentions ROM if you've been OCONUS.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
We too are "teledrilling" this weekend. Should be a good time?. Still under the laws of UCMJ even if drilling from home.

This is also making a mess of AT planning, already had 1 outright cancelled and another is probably going to be pushed to the right.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
same thing for my NOSC.

Again, why isn't this the norm? FAR more computers at home than at your local NOSC.

ABMD

same thing for my NOSC.

Again, why isn't this the norm? FAR more computers at home than at your local NOSC.

Far easier to justify paying people for the weekend when you can see them and track their movement/accomplishments?
After working from home for the last 2.5 weeks, the last thing I would want to do is teledrill for a weekend. I much rather drive for 5+ hrs, sleep in a crappy NGIS, PT and then sit in an office all weekend. DWEs are my break from work and home.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
accomplishments are tracked via IMR, eLearning, etc. etc.

you can do almost everything from home - less urinalysis, PRT, & classified stuff - and do it faster/better.

(also some of us like our homes)

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
same thing for my NOSC.

Depends on the demographic. A few years ago one of our Master Chiefs opened my eyes about this- a lot of twenty-something people simply don't have personal computers or laptops. They do have smartphones, which is why the Navy Reserve app (with the mini card reader and all the functionality for email, NROWS, DTS, even though it doesn't always work perfectly), is one of the really great things that have come out of the Reserves.

But yeah, computer at home isn't a universal thing. I know it seems so obvious and so easy when you and I understand that anyone can get a really great used, five year-old laptop for about a hundred bucks. Some guys just don't.

ABMD

accomplishments are tracked via IMR, eLearning, etc. etc.

you can do almost everything from home - less urinalysis, PRT, & classified stuff - and do it faster/better.

(also some of us like our homes)

Don't get me wrong, I love being home with my wife and kids (5 under 10), but after 20+ straight days I'd love a break from said kids.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Source? The last ALNAVRESFOR on the subject only mentions ROM if you've been OCONUS.

Sorry, don't have a source, other than our skipper putting it out yesterday. I'll see if I can find it when I go in today. It had been in discussion for a couple weeks, announcement dropped yesterday and went into effect immediately. I know our local NOSC started teleworking a week or two ago, so this is specific to portions of SELRES that were/are being considered "mission essential" and are not on a WFH plan currently. Could be mistaken, but I believe it is also specific to TSW, so not sure what the VR bubbas, or CNATRA SAU's are being told right now.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
This is also making a mess of AT planning, already had 1 outright cancelled and another is probably going to be pushed to the right.

Yeah I wonder how they are gonna handle the 2 week AT requirement if this goes on for as long as some of the "sky is falling" crowd say it will. Seems like there may be a lot of waivers across the Naval Reserve this year in general.

Python

pilot
Contributor
Yeah I wonder how they are gonna handle the 2 week AT requirement if this goes on for as long as some of the "sky is falling" crowd say it will. Seems like there may be a lot of waivers across the Naval Reserve this year in general.
Have any waivers already been put out?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Give it a few more weeks if not months. I'm sure there will be a blanket policy put out. It's hard to say when the quarantine and state-level stay at home orders will get lifted- then you're going to have a lot of reservists who are busy catching up at their regular jobs, let alone the ones who get sick from this having to recover from it, and so on.

In the meantime, expect your reserve chains of command to put out some kind of information about what they've been told so far about what could happen with FY20 AT. I'd just about guarantee you that "higher" have addressed it in emails and teleconferences, even if it's still just possibilities at this point.

ABMD

Have any waivers already been put out?

It's been the topic of conversation at my unit. We have one coming up, but VA is on lockdown until June 10th. How's that supposed to work? Chances are we just push that one to the right.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Don't get me wrong, I love being home with my wife and kids (5 under 10), but after 20+ straight days I'd love a break from said kids.

I realize you’re probably just venting, but if not, this is dumb. Stay at home if you can and help keep everyone else safe.