• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

EO to Order the Selected Reserve and Certain Members of the Individual Ready Reserve of the Armed Forces to Active Duty

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
again, it was a SWAG having not dug in to it in detail...
The TL;DR is the EO works just like Bush 43's Post-9/11 EO did. 12302 authorities for a partial mobilization, just for a different emergency. All the timelines and so forth, as well as the sourcing procedures for MOBs, haven't (yet) changed (to my knowledge), because DoD, DoN, OPNAV, and/or RESFOR control those. Maybe they're looking for ways to speed up MOBing folks via changing those policies. Maybe not. I don't know.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Just saw two MOB advertisements under the new EO for IT's supporting Emergency Medical Facility Support. And yes, these will get the same dwell credit.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just saw two MOB advertisements under the new EO for IT's supporting Emergency Medical Facility Support. And yes, these will get the same dwell credit.
RLDs within 14 days? Nice. Maybe the powers that be will get used to letting someone MOB with a good PHA without having to pass three more freaking physicals.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
These are mobilizations, right? I mean not ADT-SPEC or something else.

14 days to RLD... in the words of a certain someone best known for his unorthodox, aggressive methods of getting the job done (but probably not the greatest on the admin details), impressive, most impressive.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Yes, these are mobilizations created under the new authorities outlined in the Executive Order.

Under new Presidential mobilization authority, we received two HOT FILL EMERGENT IT MOB opportunities to aid in the fight against COVID-19 by providing EMF (Emergency Medical Facility) Support. We need your help in finding volunteers to fill the below opportunities:

ITC/IT1/IT2
NEC Required: H08A
Clearance Required: Secret or higher
RLD: Within 14 days
BOG: TBD
Dwell Credit: Yes, assuming current policy remains in place

IT1/IT2/IT3
NEC Required: 746A
Clearance Required: Secret or higher
RLD: Within 14 days
BOG: TBD

Dwell Credit: Yes, assuming current policy remains in place

Jim123

pilot
Yes, these are mobilizations created under the new authorities outlined in the Executive Order.
Yep, just checking for sure. (You're one of the guys who knows your way around the system so I was pretty sure you had your terminology straight.) The MOB portal used to (still does?) have a few kinds of different active duty orders posted on it. I always thought was a pretty good system that the Reserves have made really good use out of (.govdelivery is another good one, for communication in general). All that talk in newsletters and talking points about "leveraging technology," and the way the Reserves advertise mobilizations is a pretty decent example of that done right.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I could see them mobilizing Reservists to for general help, not necessarily for help in designator or rate. Say the NOSCs suddenly turn in to supply distribution depots or other. They will need lots of help.

IMHO, better to help out with this than that clusterf*ck that is Afghanistan.

Right now the posture is to standby. For right now, it seems like this is intended for medical professionals and support who can directly contribute to COVID-19.

RESFOR and the higher ups are still trying to figure out their new "superpowers"...

Jim123

pilot
Right now the posture is to standby. For right now, it seems like this is intended for medical professionals and support who can directly contribute to COVID-19.
The SELRES medical professionals who are credentialed in the Navy are almost always credentialed in the civilian world... and busy as hell these days. I think RESFOR and higher ups are trying to figure that one out too. They're not blindsided by it; they've been well aware for a long time as it always comes up in disaster planning. But this time it's a heckuva conundrum. Most of our disaster planning is not based on the entire country being affected.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
The SELRES medical professionals who are credentialed in the Navy are almost always credentialed in the civilian world... and busy as hell these days. I think RESFOR and higher ups are trying to figure that one out too. They're not blindsided by it; they've been well aware for a long time as it always comes up in disaster planning. But this time it's a heckuva conundrum. Most of our disaster planning is not based on the entire country being affected.

Thanks for the clarity and yes, medical professionals are being "examined" (pun intended) between their civilian role and capability to serve.

Jim123

pilot
Thanks for the clarity and yes, medical professionals are being "examined" (pun intended) between their civilian role and capability to serve.
Yeah, I think up until now, there was that questionnaire/form the SELRES fill out every year that includes a question of whether they are "essential personnel." But that had a specific meaning, it had to be somebody in a government job who is explicitly designated as essential. In the context of COVID-19, essential has a broader meaning and it includes a wider variety of people.

Interesting times.

(Thanks for keeping us up to date with specific stuff that's going on... I've been retired for exactly eighteen months and my knowledge of policies and procedures is aging accordingly.)

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Yup. I've already seen two MOB advertisements for IT's to support the medical facilities. Hopefully, after COVID-19, these learnings will lead to Reservists being able to to more easily fill short-fused requests for support.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, I think up until now, there was that questionnaire/form the SELRES fill out every year that includes a question of whether they are "essential personnel." But that had a specific meaning, it had to be somebody in a government job who is explicitly designated as essential. In the context of COVID-19, essential has a broader meaning and it includes a wider variety of people.

Interesting times.

(Thanks for keeping us up to date with specific stuff that's going on... I've been retired for exactly eighteen months and my knowledge of policies and procedures is aging accordingly.)
You have to keep your civ employment information up to date in NSIPS. There’s also another portal for you to list civilian job skills (like if you became a civilian medical professional, but you’re still an ABH1 for some reason). But they can’t involuntarily MOB you for your civilian skills, or at least that’s what the instruction says. Only invite you to take orders.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Slightly off topic, but for anyone in TSW who hasn't heard.......14 day self quarantine before drill/coming to work rule just went into effect today if you have traveled outside the local area (of your Reserve command). Probably mostly will affect the folks working airlines, but conceivably anyone who commutes to SELRES flying/drilling as well.