• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ensign Mobile

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
oh, and for the record, the Elise does have a Celica engine and transmission, but it's 190 hp, not 140 hp.

Thanks for the correction. Either way, it's impressive. But. like I've said in another thread... you people and your "facts." It's all about the truthiness...

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
hmm....I thought that the Exige had a 190 HP, higher-output version of the original (yes, it was a Celica engine) in the Elise. Either way, they are bad-ass cars, especially the Exige

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Nice AH, Chief. Really nice. Spokes still look perfect, which is rare.

Thanks. 1955 BN2. Original 48 spoke painted, looks hard to beat. Have to maintain them yourself as no one left that can do it, this area, at least.

Have a set of 60 spoke chrome but will wait until the 48's die to put them on!

Car is a "kick in the arse" to drive. Whole lot more fun than my 300 hp (FW) Nissan 350Z.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
If gas continues to climb, this will be my Ensign Mobile, or perhaps one of the mini clown bikes.

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 48

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
So I bought mine a little early. Between sophomore and junior year of college.

n5205683_30469161_6907.jpg

n5205683_30469160_6725.jpg

Hmm... FRC/ZO6 Roof... ZO6 Brake ducts.. no ZO6 front screens.. no ZO6 wheels (97-99 Wagon Wheels).

My guess is its a 99 FRC that just has ZO6 brake ducts on it.

eye_malfunction

I have an '01 Honda S2000 (silverstone color w/ red interior). 18" Fikse forged aluminum wheels. Comptech aftercooled supercharger...should make about 360 hp at the crank. Nice stereo.

It's a fine Ensign/2nd Lt mobile...and it's for sale, because I have a kid on the way, and right now, I'd rather invest the money. No good twisties near my house. $23,000.

I'm gonna get something sensible next, like an E36 3-series (or maybe an IS300)...

and then I plan on getting an Elise sometime either after I make Capt, or after I get back from my 1st deployment as a Capt (I make 1st Lt in about a week).

oh, and for the record, the Elise does have a Celica engine and transmission, but it's 190 hp, not 140 hp.

I'm still in college but I have an IS300 now that I recieved as a high school graduation present back in 03. It will be my ride for a long time to come. It's a good car, perfect for 2 and half people but it's definitely not good for a big family or moving a lot of people around. I've stuffed more people than I should have on many occassions though and she handled just fine. It's a great car. I love it's looks even though there is a new IS out now.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Hmm... FRC/ZO6 Roof... ZO6 Brake ducts.. no ZO6 front screens.. no ZO6 wheels (97-99 Wagon Wheels).

My guess is its a 99 FRC that just has ZO6 brake ducts on it.

Have you ever thought about being a detective?

The previous owner had them installed. Fully functional and I like how they look on the car.

And you drive...?

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Live it up while you can, boys - once you hit 40 and 2 kids, I think these become mandatory issue....:(