• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ensign Mobile

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
So I bought mine a little early. Between sophomore and junior year of college.

n5205683_30469161_6907.jpg

n5205683_30469160_6725.jpg

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Just got another car, not really an ensign mobile since my first one was wrecked, but I just picked up a 2006 VW Passat 2.0T.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
So I bought mine a little early. Between sophomore and junior year of college.

n5205683_30469161_6907.jpg

n5205683_30469160_6725.jpg

Now THAT's an ensign/lieutenant-mobile. To see if you have one, try asking yourself these questions:

1) Is it ridiculously overpriced?
2) Is it either extremely fast and/or capable of running over a house at 40 mph?
3) Would any reasonable wife want you to own it if you were married?
4) Did the amount of your car payment or gas mileage play any part in your decision to buy it?

If your answers were "Yes, Yes, No, and No", the you have one. Be proud! There's plenty of time for a minivan later (or midlife crisis-mobile for A4s). Live the DREAM!!

MasterBates

1st Ensign Mobile- Kia Sportage. I had this at OCS. It was my parent's "parts chaser" for their trucking company. I had/have insanse student loans and appreciated the use of it.

2nd Ensign Mobile- 02 Chevy Silverado Z71. GM let those who left to join the military keep their Employee Purchase Program (the REAL one, not the BS marketing one). Wife absconded with it within a month of being married.

2.5 Ensign Mobile- 68 Mustang. Grabber Blue with a 289/C4. Not really an "ensign mobile" since I found in a corn field when I was in HS for $300. BDCP money financed a lot of the rebuild. (later wrecked by a JAXASS driver making a right turn from a left turn lane)

3rd Ensign Mobile- 03 Ford Focus. Bought for wife to get truck back the week I winged. Totaled before 1st payment made. Wife reagined use of truck.

4th Ensign Mobile- 00 VW TurboBeetle. Bought in RAG to regain truck. Totaled when she hit a train in Jan 05. She then re-aquired truck.

JG Mobile- 1986 GMC K1500 Diesel with 300,000 miles. Given to me by my father, as I could not afford the INSURANCE on two new vehicles due to the driving abilites of Hooters girls.

2nd JG mobile- 02 Silverado (13mpg) traded in on 05.5 VW Jetta TDi (50mpg). Did this right before Katrina, so my gas-guzzler was still worth $$ then.

LT Mobile. I sold the 86 GMC, and bought a 99 Ford F250 SuperDuty Diesel. Much nicer. Plus, it has a 6-speed, and the wife cannot drive manual. So I GET TO KEEP THIS ONE!

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
She hit a train? Goodness.

Thats exactly what I got from that post as well. That takes talent.

Mine is an 02 Toyota Tundra TRD, still trying to find places to use the 4WD though. Being in Coastal Florida doesn't present too many opportunities.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thats exactly what I got from that post as well. That takes talent.

Mine is an 02 Toyota Tundra TRD, still trying to find places to use the 4WD though. Being in Coastal Florida doesn't present too many opportunities.

Are you kidding? You're in swamp heaven.

MasterBates

She hit a train? Goodness.

Was driving home from the post office. Was convinced that it got invitations out better becasue "rednecks will steal from the (blue normal type) mailbox at winn-dixie" Just blindly following the truck in front of her that ran the crossing.

I still wonder how the hell she did not see/hear it.

UCIslandgirl

What's an 'Ensign Mobile'?! I don't know but... DB got me this Lambor-something something as long as I didn't pressure him to get married when he commissions:
0607_z+2007_lamborghini_murcielago_lp640+02.jpg

I named it "Princess Sophia" after my favorite movie, "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days." Anyway, I made him take it back because... <hello!> doesn't he know they don't make yellow lipstick to match THIS car?! So now we drive a Kia Sportage but you should see my rock! :D

Jay

Any idea who drives that Lotus Elise I see around the parking lots???

06.jpg
Yeah, I know who drives it, his name is Adam, no last names on the net, Marine, pretty neat ride, I personally don't like it, too small, too much $$.