• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Enlisted to OCS to NFO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ae2wolfe

I do want to go to the boat.....The gambling boat, the bass boat, the cruise ship, or even the boats on Disney's It's a Small World ride with my two daughters. But I really do not "WANT" to spend 9 Months out of year floating in the Med. or Persian gulf if I can keep from it. Now I want P-3s for the reasons listed above, but im not scared and would not be mad to catapult off an A/C Carrier for a living who would be. I mean I'll be going to the boat as an officer that's the easy life. Take a cruise as an Enlisted man and tell me you "WANT" to be there.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ae2wolfe said:
I do want to go to the boat.....The gambling boat, the bass boat, the cruise ship, or even the boats on Disney's It's a Small World ride with my two daughters. But I really do not "WANT" to spend 9 Months out of year floating in the Med. or Persian gulf if I can keep from it. Now I want P-3s for the reasons listed above, but im not scared and would not be mad to catapult off an A/C Carrier for a living who would be. I mean I'll be going to the boat as an officer that's the easy life. Take a cruise as an Enlisted man and tell me you "WANT" to be there.
Been there, done that on both accounts. You kids these days with your "leisure." ;)

Brett

H60Gunr

Three cruises later, and many more anticipated to come, the boat is a great place. If I could only find that Wendy's that everyone keeps talking about on the ship...What about that pad-eye wrench too? I was just asking about any other items that needed to be fulfilled while the package is being reviewed. No more. No less.

ae2wolfe

If you feel confident about getting selected then you can go NKO and do the OCS classes on E-Learning or start memorizing the big four.

H60Gunr

Not extremely confident about being selected for OCS but rather ensuring myself that staying in the Navy as enlisted will bring more opportunities to go on cruises. Thought NKO was just for reservists? Remember what happened to Maverick when he said he was confident about winning Top Gun?

ae2wolfe

Your active duty navy and do not know about NKO??? That amazes me. For the last three years all I have heard about is NKO. You should really ask someone about it. It's what the Navy is going to. You can manage every aspect of your career at NKO. Your 5 vector model is what advancement is going to based on in the future. NKO should be a top priority for any member of the Navy if you know nothing about it you will be behind the power curve in a couple of years.

H60Gunr

Seriously, NKO is a great tool for career enhancement procedures and protocol for each individual rate. Especially for the aircrew AW conversion, NKO is helpful among other facets involving US Navy official websites. Computer Based Training is the wave of the future. Don't worry, I'm staying well ahead of the 'power curve'. Now If I can only get into OCS...

H60Gunr

OAR 47
GPA 3.6 (Masters at Embry-Riddle)
2 Air Medals / 2 NAMS
3 LORs - XO, MO (LCDR), LT
AW/NAC
Private Pilot

Honestly, not sure how the odds are stacked in favor of being selected to OCS yet alone NFO. Guess I'll know in 4-5 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.