• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Enlisted to Aviator path

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaty2003

My college GPA is a 2.51 with a degree in Computer Science, so i guess that kinda makes my chances "slim to none" for aviation, right? I'm still gonna try and apply, but i don't want to get my hopes up either. Do candidates know what position they will be training for before they go into OCS or after?

zilber

pilot
I was an ET3, when I went to NROTC at RPI. While I was on hold after my "A" school in Great Lakes, I put in a package for BOOST. I found out that I was accepted while I was finishing my "C" school in San Diego.
What I am saying is that you do not "need" to have sea duty. Just get good grades, and put in a good package. I did not do that well on my interview, but I did just as well as the other guys. I wrote a good essay, which was the only way the board could find out who I am, and what I wanted to do. While I was in "C" school, I took some college classes. So if you are on shore duty, you should definitely look into that. I am now commissioned and waiting to go to Pensacola. Good luck, and I hope that you get selected. If not, try again, and a guarantee that you eventually will.

SaiyanCivic

I am in the same boat your in, i have had a childhood ambition of becoming a pilot but never told anyone. i am just afraid that they will laugh at me and say "in your dreams". i just got out of A school and in my first week of command and trying to stand out. I am going TAD soon to get my surface warfare/air warefare and since i am in EOD MU 07 i have a chance of getting my divers pin all as an E1. i really try and bust my butt here and seem to be the only one that cleans the bathroom with a smile on my face. i care about my future and will do anything to reach my goal in life. now that i have found this site i am doing the same thing you are to follow through my dream.

T

TSPO

Why do it the hard way when you can do it the easy way? I was enlisted for four years, got out as ABE2, went to college and joined AFROTC. (I was on the IKE too, Chuck! Waist Cats, 93-97) I am now awaiting my UPT start date. I did well when I was in the Navy, made rank first time every time, was doing an E-4 job as an E-3 and an E-6 job as an E-4, but it was nearly impossible to get picked up for a commissioning program. I couldn't wait to get out of the Navy (pick your rate, pick your fate, I picked a BAD rate) that's also why I chose AFROTC. Of course, do your best at your job, but don't get discouraged, and there will be alot of people trying to discourage you. Just keep plugging along, and if you don't happen to be one of the select few chosen for a commissioning program from the enlisted ranks, just remember, it is much easier to commission as a civilian than as an enlisted. Also, if the Navy doesn't float your boat (haha), the Air Force has a few jets of their own.

Shoot me an email chuck d, I'd like to hear how the mighty Ike got along after I left her. (Are there still ghost stories about the waist bow safety?)

Undertow

in regards to your warfare pin, if you chose shore duty you can't get your Air Warfare pin. I'm currently on Det. with my unit and I running my chit for EAWS right now. You must run a chit E-4 and below just for them to say you can try for it. Your pre-rec is that you have to finish your AMR so get it knocked out on line over at Port Side or just order the book from CNET it will only take a few days to get there. Another note, while you're in A School you want to involve yourself as much as possible with collateral duties like duty section leader, performing units, etc. All of those things are good bullets to add on and if you have sustained improvement over the first couple of years in your career that's what they want to see. I just got my package in for the FX04 and have 1 shot left at getting picked up before I'll be too old for the age waiver. I'm 25 now and as an AE that went through the longest schooling track in the history of man (thanks to overbooked classes in PColla I went to AETC in Great Lakes for 4 months before heading south) I spent 1 yr. 4 months in school and graduated as honor grad from my C school. Either way, good luck I'm not that far ahead of you but if there's any info that I know from extremely recent experience drop me an e-mail.
undertow01_99@yahoo.com
AEAN Vaillancourt

dividebyzero

Hi all, first time posting.

Are there any CT's around this forum?

Reading this, I'm feeling a bit discouraged.
It would seem that in order to get accepted into sta-21, you'd have to have at least one warfare pin. I'm planning on putting in my package next cycle, but I'm in a rate where there's absolutely no chance of getting any sort of warfare pin.

I missed the list for this year's cycle since you can't access it on the STA-21 page, so I don't remember if I saw any warfare-qual'd CT's on there.

Undertow

YOU DON'T NEED A WARFARE PIN! Just bust ass at work and get good evals, take on collateral duties, and if you get the chance get your pin but it's not a requirement it just looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.