• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Enlisted then officer route

villo0692

Funny enough I got in contact with a Marine officer and meet the gpa requirements. Don’t know if that’s a good thing or bad lmao. I’m going to explore that option too
Make sure you’re able to pass their PRT, I know it can be quite daunting compared to the Navy one. If not, start running and get those 3 miles in under 20

Mouselovr

Contributor
Others have said it, but getting a master's is the fastest way to fix your GPA issue.
Don't enlist.

MC would be a good alternative too, however, even if your GPA is within standards, you'll still be at disadvantage for selection.

Last edited:

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Get a job, study for the commissioning exams, apply. Wash, rinse, repeat. Experience trumps GPA every time.
@AArango195, to add to this advice, if you enlist, choose something that fits with your degree and gives you a path to continue on with your career in a fruitful fashion even if you can't commission in the officer community you initially wanted. May I suggest you look into the CT rate and use your degree as a leg up? This would allow you to commission later on as either an Unrestricted Line Officer, Restricted Line Officer, and even a Warrant Officer (https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Porta...018/NAV18140.txt?ver=_HAG8dcIoDH3OCgycW1Mxg==). It also helps you gain valuable experience in line with your degree for the civilian world.

AArango195

@AArango195, to add to this advice, if you enlist, choose something that fits with your degree and gives you a path to continue on with your career in a fruitful fashion even if you can't commission in the officer community you initially wanted. May I suggest you look into the CT rate and use your degree as a leg up? This would allow you to commission later on as either an Unrestricted Line Officer, Restricted Line Officer, and even a Warrant Officer (https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Portals/55/Messages/NAVADMIN/NAV2018/NAV18140.txt?ver=_HAG8dcIoDH3OCgycW1Mxg==). It also helps you gain valuable experience in line with your degree for the civilian world.
I appreciate this input! Will definitely look into doing this

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Hey all. I’m currently a college student about to graduate in December. I have a terrible GPA at 2.2 in information systems so I know I wouldn’t be accepted into OCS. I was talking to my officer recruiter and she brought up the idea of enlisting for 2 years, then applying for OCS. I wanted to get some input from the actual guys and girls in the military with experience to see if this was a solid plan, or if they’re just scamming me to get me to enlist. I’ve read multiple times that going enlisted then officer was very competitive and borderline impossible. Plus I wouldn’t want to accept a 4 year enlisted contract for me to not have a solid chance of commissioning.

Any tips, advice, or general discussions are greatly appreciated!
Scamming you to get you to enlist. Look into the Marine Corps or Army Officer programs instead of enlisting.