• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Energy Discussion

SlickAg

pilot
“Climate change exacerbates every challenge we face, from naval installations to frequent deployments. It is also a global struggle for resources that demands ingenuity and innovation. It demands solutions that mitigate climate damage while ensuring our operational success and competitive edge.”

SlickAg

pilot
Whatever you say man.
He’s not the one saying it. The Commander in Chief is, man.

President Biden warned military servicemembers Wednesday that top Pentagon officials consider climate change to be the "greatest threat" to America’s national security in the coming years.

"When I went over to the tank in the Pentagon when I was first was elected vice president with President Obama, the military sat us down and let us know what the greatest threats facing America were, the greatest physical threats," he said. "This is not a joke. You know what the Joint Chiefs told us the greatest physical threat facing America was? Global warming.”

taxi1

pilot
Anything can be “the greatest threat to national security” if you spin it hard enough.
So you think taking the CO2 from where it's been, in the 180-280 ppm range for the last million years or so, to 420 ppm and climbing should have no effect?

SlickAg

pilot
So you think taking the CO2 from where it's been, in the 180-280 ppm range for the last million years or so, to 420 ppm and climbing should have no effect?
We should ask our non-enemy (that would be China), to please do their part to slow the spread of CO2 emission, seeing as how theirs is nearly double ours. When we tell them what an existential threat it is to our shared existence I’m sure they’ll get right on top of it.

postscript: apparently Xi and Biden spoke about it during their meeting this week so we have nothing more to fear. Huzzah!