• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Embry-Riddle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dixon

Contributor
The airspace does suck....but is also helps with radio calls....always have to be ready and know what your gonna say because they dont put up with much...and no hesitation on making you feel like a jackass...been there......keep those eyes peeled for the 10 johnsons on 1st local solo...faces buried in the sectional trying to figure out where flagler is! also been there

boobytrapper

How much cheaper is it at the other FBO's compared to riddle? $100/hr seems pretty pricey because right now I'm paying $60/hr + $25/hr for an instructor here in SoCal.

Bighead

Pap,
Thanks for the input. I think I am going to go to Riddle for a year and see what its like. I just want to go and see what it's like.

What made you decide to go in the Navy? What do you think the diffrence is between Marine Corps aviation and Navy. Any advice you can give me would be great. Thanks

Goose

SNA Meridian
I didn't go to riddle but for those of you familiar with Daytona you know about Phoenix East!! Thats right I went to Phoenix East was there from June 00 to Aug 01. I have to say I spent around 25k and ended up with Commerical Multi Instrument CFII. While the Equipment was the greatest you deal with "real world emergencies" Not every airplen you fly will be brand new and you might as well learn about what can happen early while you have a CFI with you.
I am back in Denver now at The Metropolitan State College of Denver spending $1300 a semester for a full load. Riddle looked like fun though.

Drive Fast Take Chances

Goose

Goose

SNA Meridian
Oh Yeah one more thing. If you can fly Daytona's busy airspace you can fly in any airspace. I am in Denver now and I always transition the class Bravo airspace...Daytona was much worse. Especially since a good protion of the students don't speak english very well.

Goose

SNA Meridian
Patmack
You know the planes pretty well it sounds like. We had all sorts of names for those warriors that had call signs ending in AT. Arab Trainer is one, Another terrorist was another...can I say that on here...who cares we are at war with them!! I wonder how many Visa's they are giving to foreign flight students now.....

Drive Fast Take Chances

Goliath112

gee man. I'm not into all the politically correct shit but, you do know that we have arab servicemen in the Navy, Army, Air Force, and Marines. in fact the navy has muslim chaplains. there is even a couple of guys in here who are from the middle east. lets be fair to them and not classify all arabs as terrorists...

man the wait is killing me

Goose

SNA Meridian
Goliath
Your right. I have nothing against Arabs and I didn't intend for it to come off that way. My appologizes to any I have offended.

Goose

Drive Fast Take Chances

Rainman

pilot
Originally posted by Bighead
Pap,
Thanks for the input. I think I am going to go to Riddle for a year and see what its like. I just want to go and see what it's like.

What made you decide to go in the Navy? What do you think the diffrence is between Marine Corps aviation and Navy. Any advice you can give me would be great. Thanks

Bighead -- click on search, type in "difference", and select "subject only" and "last 120 days". . that brings up one of my ramblings on the "difference"

Also, same parameters but with "Marine Navy" brings up another discussion.

Semper Fi

CorpSig

BigHead, I am a Sophomore at the Daytona campus of ERAU, I am also VP of the ERAU Semper Fidelis Society and a USMC Officer Candidate in the PLC program. I went through PLCJR this summer and would be willing to answer any questions you may have. Please do not hesitate to contact me, CorpSig@hotmail.com. Some good points have been made here, stand by for those loans, but to me (not an AeroSci student) it has been worth every cent. Semper Fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.