• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Embry-Riddle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bighead

I was wondering if any one here went to Embry-Riddle? I am going to be starting there in the fall of '03. I just wanted to get some options on what people thought of the university. I am currently a Sergeant in the Marines stationed over in Okinawa. I already have my Private Pilots licenses and have taken the ASTB. I hope to enter Marine PLC while in college. Any input from you guys would be great. This is an awesome web site.

Thanks

ghost_ttu

It's expensive and you get products like Patmack [xx(] Go to a state school where the cost is reasonable and there are more chicks and fly at an FBO. Unless you truly want to go to Riddle, then best of luck to you. The outcome will be the same from both, Degree and flying for the Marines. (hopefully and with best of luck of course)

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

ghost_ttu

Damn board, afraid they are gonna have to take a pay cut by letting me join. I swear I'll quit and go back to school and then not only do you take a pay cut but you gotta loan me more money to go to school and gimme scholarship money! I'm not skeered!

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

wilsonator

it was expensive but fun. I did aero sci so i got to eat breathe and sleep flying. i liked that but while you guys are paying off your vettes i'll be paying for riddle.
go if you want, the only people who talk really bad about it are the ones who didn't go, the rest of us are just pissed about the loans.

Ski3

I would do it all over again because of the friends I made there, but I would not fly there. Instead, I would go aviation studies (I think that is what its called) as opposed to aeronautical science. That would mean still getting an aviation degree from ERAU, spending less money on tuition, and flying at an FBO located on the other side of the airport. :)

$109,000.00 in loans - without interest.

Jack

Bighead

Thanks for all the input guys. How hard were the math classes. That is my worse subject. What is the campus life like? Is it better to live on or off campus. Thanks again

Ski3

Speaking about the Prescott AZ campus here:

"How hard were the math classes?"

Math classes are a joke. There are 2 of them, and both are pre-calculus. After your Freshman year, you are done with math.

"What is the campus life like?"

Campus life - LOL! Seriously though, I guess it was not that bad. The new dorms are nice, I have to admitt that (best dorms I have seen at any school.

"Is it better to live on or off campus?"

Off campus, as close to "Whiskey Row" and "Prescott Brewing Company" as possible. :)

Jack

Dixon

Contributor
like wilsonator said you will eat, breath and sleep flying....if you want to fly the latest 172s and arrows and pay big bucks, fly on campus. If you want the antiques, riddle trained instructors, and low cost try off campus....look around because once you start flight training on campus then they dont allow you to go off campus. flight costs here are on the rise so what they quote you now might not be what you see when you get here.
the math classes are a breeze.

as for campus life....if you are looking for football games on the weekends....school spirit...and women look elsewhere they dont have that in daytona....(women are here for 3 weeks during spring break) if you love to fly, are able to entertain yourself easily, and dont mind graduating with 100,000 $ over your head go for it....i think its an awesome place to go to school.

i still have 3 more semesters there so if you have any questions....dont be afraid to ask.....markdion@hotmail.com

boobytrapper

Is anyone here in the Naval Aviation Club at ERAU? Or the Aerobatics club? If so, would you recomend them to someone who was thinking about going to ERAU?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Not only that, but if you want to fly the newest and greatest, perhaps the Navy isn't for you. Sure, the -45C's and Super Bugs are new, but there's no guaruntee that's what you'll fly.

I understand your point, Dixon, but I don't think it's all that accurate. My $.02

Dixon

Contributor
Geez...sorry guys....i wasnt putting them down in any way just saying the other flight schools didnt have as new equipment as riddle....if i had researched more i think i would have flown off campus but now im locked in....1st post and already getting slammed maybe the navy isnt for me......yeah right

Hey boobytrapper im in the naval aviation club....i wouldnt got to riddle just to be in the club....but if you decide to go you should join....we go to airshows together and have guest speakers...etc

wilsonator

the flight school I teach at is ridden with problems as far as the airplanes are concerned. don't discount what it means to fly a new airplane. at riddle any item written up is a downed item no matter the severity. The place i teach at? well if it has to wings and most of the rivets...... also the gps' at riddle were cool. you'll pay a little extra per hour for the plane and a little extra for the instructor but in the grand scheme of things, it's only money. what no one has mentioned and what i think is important is the airspace. the airspace in daytona sucks big time, mid air possibilities galore but you get the situational awareness that a lot of new pilots don't get. don't base your decision strictly on money. besides the navy pays pretty well don't they?

FLY NAVY!!!

camille

Status
Not open for further replies.