• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Embry Riddle NROTC

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Nothing to do? You're kidding. Are you saying that drinking a beer while sitting on an old sofa that's on top of a shed next to Willow Creek Road and casting out your fishing pole (complete with fake skunk lure) into afternoon traffic and reeling the poor skunk in is boring?

Although this does sound mildly entertaining, I like to hang out with women from time to time.

More specifically, I liked them to have all of their teeth. I at least required that they had a good set of dentures.

Also, I wasn't a big fan of mullets. Resultantly, I required that in my presence, they at least wore a wig (high standards).

Now we all know that unlike Daytona women, Prescott women can't afford dentures or wigs. Hence why Daytona is still the best choice.

Godspeed

pilot
Thanks for the info. Are you flying jets currently? If so, I'd like to hear about it. Honestly if I ever get to pick, I want E-2's or C-2's.

Your best bet is to search the forums for those that are flying E2/C2s. If you are intersted in student life, you can PM me.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
No but really, there is plenty to do there if you like being outside. Hell, the trail running alone is awesome enough to make it worth it. Or the snowboarding. Or the offroading. The windy roads for your sports car. Whiskey Row? Besides, the Geico Caveman hangs out at Sundances -- I shit you not. :icon_tong

I didn't realize that Prescott is only a 9 hour drive from the Utah resorts and Mammoth Mountain. Had I known this, I would have gone to the Prescott campus. I would have made the drive on a Friday and slept in my car overnight to go skiing.

I really feel bad now, knowing that I could have had that, now all I have is NASCAR (like the racing, hate the crowd) and the same thing eeeeeeeeeevery weekend to look forward to.

Now we all know that unlike Daytona women

You can't polish a turd...

Godspeed

pilot
I really feel bad now, knowing that I could have had that, now all I have is NASCAR (like the racing, hate the crowd) and the same thing eeeeeeeeeevery weekend to look forward to.

Sweet Mary Mother of Joseph!! You are going to school in Daytona Beach for Christ's sake. I know the school has a low guy/girl ratio, but come on!!! Even if you hated Daytona, you have Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando (and a few spots in Daytona), Gainesville, and Deland!! all within a short drive.... There is probably more nightlife/stuff to do at your fingertips than the vast majority of other colleges in the U.S.

You, my friend, are in a goldmine of opportunity. You just have to look around a little.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Sweet Mary Mother of Joseph!! You are going to school in Daytona Beach for Christ's sake. I know the school has a low guy/girl ratio, but come on!!! Even if you hated Daytona, you have Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando (and a few spots in Daytona), Gainesville, and Deland!! all within a short drive.... There is probably more nightlife/stuff to do at your fingertips than the vast majority of other colleges in the U.S.

You, my friend, are in a goldmine of opportunity. You just have to look around a little.

The party / nightlife thing was fun for the first 2 years. I guess I just prefer stuff like mountain biking, 4x4ing, or kayaking to whats here. I should have got involved in skydiving.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
You don't have to drive 9 hours. There's a big ass fucking mountain with snow right outside my window. An hour from now I could be skiing. Shoot, when it snows I can go sledding down my street.

In any case, I don't know what Godspeed is referring to in terms of women. The girls I've dated here have been very beautiful and smart -- and my standards are unreasonably high. I can't help it, I'm from LA. You just have to know where to look and be patient.

Ah, I know. What about the one time my band played a party and somebody poured gasoline into the barrel fire just as a fire truck drove by and it flipped a bitch right in the middle of a four lane road and pulled up diagonal into the driveway and the firemen hopped out and said "Hey....so....uh.....you guys aren't pouring fuel on that fire, are you?"

"What? Fuel? Nah of course not. Just...you know...logs...cardboard...gasoline...wood...HEY, you guys want a beer?"

"Uhh...sure, why not. Hey, aren't you the guys with the skunk?"

"Who? Us? I don't know what you're talking about."

Godspeed

pilot
In any case, I don't know what Godspeed is referring to in terms of women. The girls I've dated here have been very beautiful and smart -- and my standards are unreasonably high.

I've been to Prescott... And if you think those women are beautiful, you have lived a very sheltered life my friend. A trip to Florida would open you eyes.

But, everyone is entitled to their opinion.... "To each their own".....

ugly-girl.jpg

baja_cacti_with_las_vergines.jpg

OR

57581,1145817429,3.jpg

beachwedding.jpg

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
I did not make praise for each and every one of them. I distinctly said "You just have to know where to look and be patient." Of course if all you want is a dumb tramp, maybe DB is the place to be.

In any case, that's not a picture of Prescott, we don't have any saguaro cactus. We have the largest yellow pine forest in the world...but then again you've been here, right?

lynx_lake_view.jpg

Godspeed

pilot
We have the largest yellow pine forest in the world...

And Daytona Beach has the 3rd largest collection of white sand and warm ocean in the world....

Just ribbing you man... Listen, I think the important part is finding the good wherever you're at. College is what you make of it (whatever and wherever it is).

I'm sure if i'd chosen Prescott, i'd probably be enjoying the same stuff.

This attitude, finding the positive in any situation, will help you through OCS.

Cudos on the Prescott pride bro.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Ahhh, now this is apparently what it used to be

daytona-beach-625917-sw.jpg

That picture will make you believe in global warming :eek:

Those cars would be 50 yards into the Atlantic now!

Godspeed

pilot
Ahhh, now this is apparently what it used to be

That picture will make you believe in global warming :eek:

Those cars would be 50 yards into the Atlantic now!

Nice pic... Makes me wish I lived back in that day... I see the bandshell was around back then... They had an 'open to the public' Lynrd Skynrd concert Freshman year... Memories...

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Just ribbing you man... Listen, I think the important part is finding the good wherever you're at. College is what you make of it (whatever and wherever it is).

Ah, I know. I'm just giving you a hard time, too. I honestly missed surfing so much my first year here that I wanted to transfer to DB. If you're sneaky you can probably find an old post of mine complaining about the girls.

I'm really not looking forward to OCS now that I found out there's no O-course. Come on!

45_obstacle_course_2.jpg