• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Electronic Devices on Aircraft

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
If that is the case then shouldn't it be a individual airline policy not federal law?

That was the big debate last year. The FAA said no phones on airlines, not because of EMI, but because there was such a huge outcry of the public saying they didn't want the very important businessman talking loudly on his phone next to them while flying.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I realize that that may be the excuse, but I can't stand any attempt to legislate courtesy. Since flight attendants already have the rule of law, airline decisions could be enforced rather easily. The airlines just don't want to be the bad people. I find it funny that nobody seems to say anything about the built in phones. Those just don't get used enough to be objectionable.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I realize that that may be the excuse, but I can't stand any attempt to legislate courtesy. Since flight attendants already have the rule of law, airline decisions could be enforced rather easily. The airlines just don't want to be the bad people. I find it funny that nobody seems to say anything about the built in phones. Those just don't get used enough to be objectionable.

Granted I haven't been on any long flights in years, but do they still have those? Last time I saw those was when I was watching Die hard 2.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If that is the case then shouldn't it be a individual airline policy not federal law?

Law, policy, or otherwise, if I have to sit next to some loud-talking, self-important, jackass on a cell phone for any significant time in a confined airliner, there will be blood.

Clux4

Banned
Law, policy, or otherwise, if I have to sit next to some loud-talking, self-important, jackass on a cell phone for any significant time in a confined airliner, there will be blood.

Try flying AA from Miami to Puerto Rico:D