• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ebay

As they term it "It's the right thing to do", the LW bastards are putting a halt to most gun parts. Ammo components, triggers, barrels, magazines ect are going to be a thing of the past come mid August. I do a lot of business with them in the gun parts and classic car categories. Enough that I can splurge on groceries and toys once in awhile.
I would love to find a serious competitor to do my listings with. :icon_rage

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Do you understand the words that are coming outta my mouth

Oh, okay I get it now,
Translation:
Ebay is going to stop selling weapons parts... that really sucks... fvcking pansies...

gunbroker.com is like ebay except all firearms. Other than that a true competitor to ebay I have yet to find.

Craigslist works well up here in the NW

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
As they term it "It's the right thing to do", the LW bastards are putting a halt to most gun parts. ...
One more reason to eschew eBay for ANYTHING unless it's absolutely necessary ... and most things aren't.

10 years ago or so, I purchased several PRIMO collectible firearms on eBay as it was a big market with lots of offerings ... then they stopped doing that -- to save the children, I am sure, as the then eBay president & founder was butt buddies with Hillary and eBay thus dropped all firearms sales during mid-Clinton administration ..... just a coincidence, I am sure .... but they kept selling & making money off parts, etc. ... I guess they're big enough now to pass on the chump change they make on parts.

ALSO ... consider NEVER using PayPal for anything, if at all possible. They are vehemently anti-gun and will FREEZE your account if they discover that you have used it to make legitimate and legal purchase(s) of firearms online ....

In addition to the above suggestion re: Gunbroker, you might want to check out:

GUNS AMERICA

AUCTION ARMS

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I would say Craigslist can work well for you unless they also ban sale of gun parts. It's much more losely regulated though so it probably won't be an issue. Craigslist is very no frills also so it seems a little hokey at first, but it works very well...and no getting sniped in the last 4 seconds on your items that are in auction format.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Sure, positively, right: especially if you want to buy BB guns or perhaps move up to a big bore AirSoft .... ??? :sleep_125

Like I said, it's no frills so it tends to appear "college-ish" but if you have something to sell, there will be people there to buy it. I've sold plenty of practical items to regular, respectable adults. Craigslist has always been the same looking, but nonetheless it is changing. It's not just for college kids looking for $85 couches anymore.

Auction arms will probably be better anyway...just suggesting that there are diverse outlets...and...I'm just a guy on my couch banging on a keyboard.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Like I said, it's no frills .... It's not just for college kids looking for $85 couches anymore.
Right ... I get it. But we're not talkin' about buying couches that cost > $85 ... we're talkin' about buying firearms and firearms part ... yes???

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
As they term it "It's the right thing to do", the LW bastards are putting a halt to most gun parts. Ammo components, triggers, barrels, magazines ect are going to be a thing of the past come mid August. I do a lot of business with them in the gun parts and classic car categories. Enough that I can splurge on groceries and toys once in awhile.
I would love to find a serious competitor to do my listings with. :icon_rage

yea, I saw that too. A buddy of mine wrote them a letter; he was told the halt was due to the idea that some of the stuff used in the recent Virginia Tech slayings were bought off ebay.

Pantywaists.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Interesting. How do we get around this? ...
I couldn't get anything meaningful off your link -- but if it was directed @ contributions to AW's ... I don't know the answer. That's a tough one ...

..... but the criticism of PayPal is still valid -- and "they" are actively trying to impede our 2nd Amendment rights, because of their political or social viewpoint(s) .... so what's the answer???

Principle or expedience ??? :confused:

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
-- but if it was directed @ contributions to AW's ... I don't know the answer. That's a tough one ...

..... but the criticism of PayPal is still valid -- and "they" are actively working against our 2nd Amendment rights .... so what's the answer??? Principle or expedience ??? :confused:
Yea....AW contributions. I hear you...no easy answer. I could, for the benefit of all, put my savings account info up for folks to direct deposit to. I'm willing to make this sacrifice for the good of the organization. :D

Honestly though, till your post, didn't realize Paypal was so anti-gun. Will have to do some more research on the issue.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...Honestly though, till your post, didn't realize Paypal was so anti-gun. Will have to do some more research on the issue.

Try this for starters from an online firearms auction page -- the author is a good-to-go guy ... absolutely a no B.S seller.

"....NO PAYPAL! I ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL!! Paypal’s terms do not allow the purchase or sale of any firearms, ammunition or high capacity magazines….period!! For more info, please go to their website and follow the links: user agreement / acceptable use / firearms, weapons and knives policy. If you use them for a gun transaction and they find out, they will close your account & freeze your money for 6 months. How do I know? They did it to me! I WILL NOT SUPPORT AN ANTI-GUN COMPANY!! ..."

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Gun Broker is one of the best places I have seen.

Guns America is also a great place. http://www.gunsamerica.com/ there is no bidding though. Its kinda like craigs list in that you deal with the seller directly.

edit: just realized A4's beat me to it.