• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ear Blockage?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I used to get ear blockages when SCUBA diving. I rolled up a piece of paper and put it in my ear. Then lit the other end on fire. I kid you not, it moves a lot of ear wax.

YGTBSM. :eek:

Complete hoax. Do not do this.

Google "ear candling"

Re: fluid in your ear...in my case the cause was not infection due to dirty ear plugs. I had pure O2 inside your ear (from my mask and climbs and descents on O2) and as it is absorbed into the body, it caused a vacuum in my ear. You'll ususally feel it when you wake up in the a.m. and clear your ears becasue it hurts. The vacuum can cause some fluid to be pulled into the ear canal or on the ear drum itself from the tissue in you ear. Valsalva at night before going to sleep.

I do recommend ear plugs under your flight helmet. I sused the free foamiers available in maintenance control. Used to carry an extra set below the pen holder on the left bicep. Never lost any hearing in 23 years of jets and flight decks.