• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-2D Advanced Hawkeye - Less than a year out.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm surprised that they took their shiny new toy out in this crappy weather we've been having in NE FL this week.

There have been a couple of E-2s flying around our area this week. It's pretty rare to see them around our parts unless there's an air show going on.

Maybe where you were, but not at St Augustine as shown in photo:

4533.jpg

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Complete with refueling probe?

flight_test.gif

release

If you look closely, it is too skinny and part of it is orange which is used for non standard test configuration items. Most prototype or first article aircraft have specialized probes/sensors like that to capture precise measurements. That said, the E-2C system test aircraft on display at NAVAIR CoC in February did have a refuelling probe attached above the cockpit (similiar to location for the S-3). They actually flew some test flights to see if it was feasible (of course, they have also mounted Sidewinders in past for testing purposes and that never happened for the fleet). They also did this almost 30 years ago for C-2 application and for some E-2C foreign customers.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
There have been a couple of E-2s flying around our area this week. It's pretty rare to see them around our parts unless there's an air show going on.

Maybe there's something out in the warning area, or even more than one...;)

Have you seen the orange air flying too? Kfirs and Hawker Hunters no less doing the special departures out of KNIP...definitely not 250 knots or below...

MasterBates

Wow.. I was thinking of that scene this morning, as at least 3 hueys flew over my trailer..

Nothing like the UH-1H alarm clock when you are hungover and not 100% sure you are at home...

Lawman

None
Wow.. I was thinking of that scene this morning, as at least 3 hueys flew over my trailer..

Nothing like the UH-1H alarm clock when you are hungover and not 100% sure you are at home...

All trailers look alike when your hammered. The trick is to get yourself some pink Flamingos so yours cant be missed in the blur.

badger16

None
All trailers look alike when your hammered. The trick is to get yourself some pink Flamingos so yours cant be missed in the blur.

That or a gnome always did the trick for the girls I hung out with in high school...oh wait taht was them in the front yard dressed like a gnome...my bad guys.:D

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Second E-2D now airborne

Northrop Grumman reports that a second E-2D is now flight worthy