• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Their services were invaluable to the Attack/Fighter communities (and the CVA), and they took great pride & great risk, in providing those services... in a high-threat environment.
BzB

We had some dome jockeys save our asses in the last COMPTUEX I did. Who knew Hawkeyes did ASW?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm building a pipeline thru your consortium.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I'm completely okay with that, but I'll require an environmental impact fee and we need to discuss land-lease terms. Oh, and try not to leave dinosaur remains on Phrog's and my steel targets.

We had some dome jockeys save our asses in the last COMPTUEX I did. Who knew Hawkeyes did ASW?

What's that now? Oh, E-2s....yeah, they're helpful.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I'm completely okay with that, but I'll require an environmental impact fee and we need to discuss land-lease terms.

Call it the "William J. Le Petomane Environmental Protection Act" and make the fee

wait for it...

a dime.

(I'm trying too hard with the Blazing Saddles references.)

KBayDog

(I'm trying too hard with the Blazing Saddles references.)

Blasphemer.jpg

phrogpilot73

I'm completely okay with that, but I'll require an environmental impact fee and we need to discuss land-lease terms. Oh, and try not to leave dinosaur remains on Phrog's and my steel targets.
Two words. Noise Complaints. Fucking pilots...

So apparently the dude who is living in Buford, WY is looking to retire. I think the coup might require less firepower than I thought...

Cabbage

None
Not so much on the stupid big bucks.. The days of "Former Officer + TS/SCI = $100k+" are long gone. Convincing my front office that I really needed job hunting leave was hard. They were of the thought that it was a tell companies you are available and BAM! Job. Applied for a bunch of flying jobs, never got one call back in four months.

Took a job working in the oil fields in Wyoming. I'm finishing fixing up my house here in Norfolk, and getting ready to start moving after Thanksgiving. It's good money, but not the "cush office job for $100k" that a lot of people seem to think their clearance and experience buys them.

That is almost the same arguement made by art history majors who say the economy sucks because they can't find a job.

MasterBates

I had 4 formal job offers, and 2 verbal job offers. I took the best one of the bunch.

My Navy background did nothing to get me a job. Having a "real" degree (Mechanical Engineering) and experience in engineering did.. The biggest "breakout bullet" I had that got me 3 of the 6 offers? I know how to weld (as in formally trained as a welder, and worked as one to put myself through college).

Granted, it's not a scientific study, but I have 2 friends who have 2XFOSd and are getting out, and another friend who was a prior and is retiring at the end of his DH commitment. The situation has been similar to all four of us.. DOD contractors, if they are hiring, are not offering the big money they used to. They don't have to at the moment. I don't blame them for using the soft economy to save money, because they have to hedge against significant DOD budget cuts that are most likely coming. I passed on a job with LockMart because I did not want to be the guy teaching JUMPS. Or have to live in the same city as my ex wife.

MasterBates

Good thing I didn't rush them. The SAU is not taking pilots due to anticipated refugees from 77 either

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
I'm not going to cry over it... the mission is something that we have the capacity in the active squadrons to fill. And, it'd be nice to do some counter-narc stuff, anyway.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Of course you're not crying over it...you're not one of the guys scrambling to find a job. Reserves aren't like the Regulars, where if your unit decomms you just move to a new one. There's few paying billets out there, especially for the O-5s, and some guys are going to be left without a chair when the music stops in October.

As for the mission being fun... explain why the community spent years trying to load-shed it.

The CN dets were in addition to - not instead of - regular CVW deployments. Good for you if you want to be on the road the few months you're not on the Boat, but I don't think many would agree with you.