• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

dwi before tbs

ruinedlt

HAL's post made me think of something. Do you have your civilian license? Make sure you notify the FAA ASAP, I don't remember the wording of the FAR, but I do know that if your license has been suspended for a DUI arrest, you have to notify them.

I only have a civilian drivers license. Another thing thats worrying me is whether i will be able to do IFS will i have a suspended driver's license. would the FAA still allow me up or would I have to wait until i get my license back?

phrogpilot73

I only have a civilian drivers license. Another thing thats worrying me is whether i will be able to do IFS will i have a suspended driver's license. would the FAA still allow me up or would I have to wait until i get my license back?
Here's the FAR that applies. The way I read it is that provided you don't get another one in the next three years, and you properly notify the AME (since you don't have a certificate - you don't have to notify the FAA), then you should be O.K.

ruinedlt

Here's the FAR that applies. The way I read it is that provided you don't get another one in the next three years, and you properly notify the AME (since you don't have a certificate - you don't have to notify the FAA), then you should be O.K.

sure hope youre right. do you know if i'd have a chance of making it past capt. or would my military career be stopped at that point regardless of whether i was a Shmuckatelli or a Chesty Puller?

phrogpilot73

sure hope youre right. do you know if i'd have a chance of making it past capt. or would my military career be stopped at that point regardless of whether i was a Shmuckatelli or a Chesty Puller?
I would say that it all depends. It depends on if you're found guilty, or if you're found guilty of a wet reckless, or if it's dismissed, etc... I would also say that it depends on if your USMC chain of command decides to NJP you, Admin Sep you, or give you a page 11. About the best you can do right now is pay whatever the lawyer wants you to pay, fight it in court, and bust your balls in TBS.

FWIW - I have a friend that has a wet reckless that just got selected for Maj.