• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dug Myself into a Hole

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Dug Myself into a Hole
That's no shit -- and it's obviously bothering you. And that's why you're gonna have to come clean, 'cause if you don't, you are gonna stumble further down the road. Take your hits now, rather than later. ALWAYS tell the truth to UNCLE -- no matter what. Otherwise, you will get bit in the ass somewhere in the future.

You guys who "experiment" w/ drugs are fools.

It's not worth risking everything for a little "youthful excess". I know whereof I speak ... out.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.... i would have no problem giving up weed to be a marine officer.....
I am overcome by your willingness to sacrifice. Words escape me.

I weep for the future of Naval Aviation ... that's the LEAST that I can do.

72065722ps5.jpg

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
No Point in bringing this up. Many recruiters tell you to say no. This is really not a big deal, just stick to your statement. They will never give you a lie detector test or anything like that.
Lucky3 - your profile says you're trying to become an officer. Before you pursue this, you need to gain some integrity and honesty. If you can't, don't bother trying for the commission.

NROTC_Marine

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies, I did a bit of searching with regards to waivers and MEPS forms and such, and decided to come clean yesterday. My recruiter wasn't happy, but he said he'd do what he could to clear up the mess. He didn't guarantee anything, but hopefully everything goes through all right.

As for smoking weed, it's not a big deal at all for me to never do it again, I think I just misworded it in my original post. I have absolutely no problem never touching it again, it wasn't even that great to begin with. Seagram Seven's still king :D.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
Thanks for all the replies, I did a bit of searching with regards to waivers and MEPS forms and such, and decided to come clean yesterday. My recruiter wasn't happy, but he said he'd do what he could to clear up the mess. He didn't guarantee anything, but hopefully everything goes through all right.

As for smoking weed, it's not a big deal at all for me to never do it again, I think I just misworded it in my original post. I have absolutely no problem never touching it again, it wasn't even that great to begin with. Seagram Seven's still king :D.

:party_125

phrogpilot73

Good man for coming clean. The RIGHT path is rarely easy... However, now you'll never have to sweat about it accidentally coming out...