• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Drug Use History...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustydog

pilot
There is a lot of bad advice in this thread. If you have done drugs in a previous life, tell the investigator. Whether or not you think that it will come up again, it will come back to bite you in the ass. If you ever think that you will apply to another job requiring a higher clearance, your previous SF-86's will be compared to the latest and any type of discrepancies will be discovered. Do not lie on your security forms. Anyone who calls you a pussy for non disclosure is ignorant on the workings on a TS/
SCI clearance. After 8 years of the Navy and now in the process of being hired by another federal agency, I can tell you without doubt that you will get called out and jeopardize any chance of getting hired by anyone

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
After reading this crappy thread I feel like starting to do drugs.

This sucks.

You've got to make up your own mind whether or not to tell them. If you've already told, then keep telling. If you haven't, I doubt they'll find out, but it's a risk, so decide whether you are willing to take that risk.

In other words, make up your own mind, don't take someone else's word for it.

This thread makes my head hurt, time for my 12 o'cock crack rock.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
IceWoman04 said:
Don't mean to sound cheesy here, but the most important trait an officer needs to have is integrity, if you have it, then nothing else matters, if you don't... then nothing else matters. I'll stand by that till the day I die...
More unadulterated BS. Who taught you that? You chief who's 30 pounds overweight? The most important trait, for those of you smart enough to still be listening, is to get the job done, regardless of the methodology you might chose.

You all (well, some of you) continue to disgust me,

Brett

I'm sending a kid to mast this week for lying and other dishonest actions. How would it look if I decided I had "to lie, cheat and steal every day to get (my) job done."

It is my job to get the job done, any legal and ethical way I can, while leading my troops from the front.

Never forget, it is amazing what the members of your command, or other junior enlisted can see. They are watching you, and they will ring the hypocrisy bell before an entire lie gets past your lips.

WannaBEaP3gal

Brett327 said:
More unadulterated BS. Who taught you that? You chief who's 30 pounds overweight? The most important trait, for those of you smart enough to still be listening, is to get the job done, regardless of the methodology you might chose.

You all (well, some of you) continue to disgust me,

Brett

It is my pleasure to have disgusted you with my morals, or should I say "unadulterated BS"... good day

WannaBEaP3gal

Hmmm weird... I never heard that from a chief... to be honest I heard it from a few O-6s, and of course my dad, none of them overweight though to be honest.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
desert fox said:
I think most people agree with you about lying in general, they're just concerned with whether being initially 100% honest will even let them become a revered, honorable, and generally competent Naval Officer. Because if you're a civilian, the "code" is not supposed to "apply to you", and I only say that because of four years of hearing it over and over again. However, although I agree totally with what you're saying, you are after all speaking in buzzwords...so by "leading your troops from the front" you really mean "setting a good example for your sailors." Buzzword-spewing people grow up into the kind of senior officers that caused the Navy to prefer untrained maggots from a later fiscal year group to eminently qualified, experienced officers they have already paid to train. I don't just mean in NavAir, we're talking the whole fleet.
I'm done.
Now you're on to something.

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.