• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Drill location...Travel required

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
Congrats on the selection. Make sure you CYA on the travel. I was only reimbursed for travel expenses for my AT once per YEAR. I did it in one block per year. All other travel expenses were on me, but at least they were tax deductible.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Every time I suggested that, though, I got "but NATOPS says..."
I remember a fellow stud in flight school recounting the time he asked his instructor what NATOPS meant. "What? What the hell do you mean 'what does it mean?' It's NATOPS!*" Circular reasoning is circular . . . :D

*For the applicants, blackshoes, and Ensigns, "Naval Air Training and Operating Procedures Standardization."

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was assigned to the NAVEUR staff as a selres in the late 90's. I had to get to London on my own. Not a big deal for an airline guy I admit. But almost no one in my unit lived in London and many outside England. Had guys coming in from Germany, Scotland, Ireland, Italy, and Poland. Even a guy from Nigeria (an oil man). We had to get out a map to see which one of us came the furthest. None of us got anything but a room in a modest hotel. O-4 and below would usually have to share a room.