• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Downtime between commission and TBS

thatgnarlyguy

I was told by my OSO that there is a wait of about 4-5 months from commission to sending off for TBS... What do you all do during this time.. Should I get a fulltime job with my degree and just not tell them about leaving soon? I have a wife and 2 kids so I definately have to be making money.

NavyOCS

It sucks being a commissioned officer and then having to wait to go to training. I was in the same boat minus the wife and two kids. I got a job to tide me over. My job was unique in that it was only seasonal and temperary for the city and I get "fired" on monday. I head to IFS on the 15th of this month. Maybe you could find a similar job?
Hurricane reconstruction perhaps. Insurance adjuster.

I would be honest about your leaving but you may have to do what you gotta do to support your family.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I had the same problem. You could check with your OSO and see if you can get PTAD - working in the OSO office while pulling pay. I wasnt able to do that because I am air and going to IFS on the 15th, just like KizerSosay. My OSO said I couldnt get PTAD because I will get paid enough for doing nothing while Im in IFS. Im assuming you are air (being on this website and all) but if you are not its something to look into.

I got a full time job to pay the bills and told em when I found out I was leaving. Some employers are cool with you being a Marine and all, but others wont care. If you need money, which Im sure you will due to your family sit. and all, you might have to do what you have to do and just ... well ... not mention the whole leaving in a few months part. Best of luck.

Semper Fi