• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Double Barreled PUMP Shotgun

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Which is what I have been saying all along. Shooting both barrels of a double barrel shotgun produces four times the amount of recoil as just firing one barrel of that same shotgun.

Needs that clarifying info, at least in the context of this thread which involves a very non-standard double shotgun.

Also, your arguments for why this is true were still wrong, which only amplified confusion. And spurred my vendetta to correct your wrong thinking.

Come to think of it, if this is the case you really meant, why didn't you realize it when I posted all my work earlier?

Ah well. Least we got it settled.

Recap:

If I fire one shot from a single gun, it has recoil X.

If I bolt two copies of that gun together and fire just one shot from one of the barrels, it has recoil 0.5X.

If I take my two guns bolted together and fire one shot from each barrel simultaneously, it has recoil 2X.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Apparently antibiotics, antivirals and booze don't mix well..

So sayeth the flight surgeon to my dismay.

Bummer.

I'm hoping my strategy of keeping up a steady intake of the later precludes me from needing the former.

My first on wing's advice: "I drink a shot of Patron every day, whether I need it or not. And I'm the one around here who hasn't been sick at all this winter."

Come to think of, that guy was probably a drunk. I guess I know why he was so mean in the cockpit.