• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dont resist arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
rare21 said:
Road, under that gun, pepper spray, etc he's still just a guy..no better or worse than you. Its when he believes he's better than you where you better have the balls to stand up to your convictions and your rights.

I don't give a flyin' sh*t about pepperspray, tazers, or firearms. I do care if he gives me a ticket or not. More often than not, if you admit your "wrongdoings" and emphasize that the officer is right, he will let you off with a warning, or knock that 15 mph over the limit down to 5 mph over the limit. Now if you be stern and "stand up for your rights," chances are he won't hesistate to write it for the full 15. Defend your rights in court, not with an officer that you are trying to pursuade in to letting you off the hook.

The only way I would stand my ground against an officer is if he pulls me over for an offense that I TRULY did not commit. And all of us here know that 99% of the time, we are pulled over because we did something wrong.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
if he's dropping your ticket down it most likely means he doesnt have enough proof of your "wrongdoing." He's doing that so you dont go to court and prove him wrong especially if he's pacing you. A little deal if you will that says "oh what a nice guy, he didnt have to do that!" Thats a major clue. I hate that calibrated speedometer crap...mine is also..courtesy of AAA. Also if you admit wrongdoing then you're screwed if you want to go to court afterwards. Never, never, never admit guilt.

Lawman

None
rare21 said:
if he's dropping your ticket down it most likely means he doesnt have enough proof of your "wrongdoing." He's doing that so you dont go to court and prove him wrong especially if he's pacing you. A little deal if you will that says "oh what a nice guy, he didnt have to do that!" Thats a major clue. I hate that calibrated speedometer crap...mine is also..courtesy of AAA. Also if you admit wrongdoing then you're screwed if you want to go to court afterwards. Never, never, never admit guilt.

No Im not. Godspeed is dead on about it. It has nothing to do with the fact that I or another officer doesnt have the proof to nail you on what you did. Heck If Ive got you for 15 over in say a residential area I could go ahead and arrest you and charge you with reckless op. The thing that makes me go, "should I let him/her off with a warning" or (in the case the Brass is doing a traffic crackdown and we dont get to right warnings "alright whats the lowest recorded speed I have on my radar" is that the last 9 jackholes were dicks, screaming/*****ing/yelling about this that or the other and you just made this stop alot more tollerable by not swearing at me or whatnot. Research has demonstrated time and time again that if the officer and the bystander are both respectful of eachother the likely hood of a happy ending is much higher then if they both approach eachother in a harsh manner.

And there is a good reason we do traffic stops. People who break big laws (arson/theft/assult/ect) also break little laws (Jaywalking/speeding/disorderly conduct/ect) and for every 10-15 people a cop pulls over when they do checkpoints or speedtraps they pick somebody up on an outstanding warrant or something other of the like.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
like i said, respect goes bothways. i wouldnt have a clean record and be a commissioned officer if i had overdid it.

KBayDog

Had a neat experience this weekend. A few of us were having a get-together at one of our local National Parks near the beach. Nothing out of line; just a little BBQ. Three vehicles committed the heinous act of parking near the pavilion, as not to carry coolers/supplies on the footpaths that were under two feet of water. The park ranger guy - who had "FEDERAL OFFICER" in big white letters on his back - stopped by and took IDs of the drivers & ran them in the system. Ranger Rick didn't look a day over 21 - my guess is that he was waiting to start API.

After a few minutes, he returned and said, "I'd give you all tickets for illegally parking, but I don't have anymore...I ran out of tickets today."

rare21

pilot
Contributor
Here's a story to keep you from badmouthing cops:

Buddy of mine gets pulled over and decides to really drag it out with the cop. Turns out the cop is some retired or reserve Navy O-5 that decided to take it a little further. The cop personally knew the Commodore and said friend was soon standing tall in front of the man.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lawman said:
Research has demonstrated time and time again that if the officer and the bystander are both respectful of eachother the likely hood of a happy ending...
Wow, now that's what I call service! I need to start getting pulled over in Ohio more ;)

Brett

Lawman

None
Brett327 said:
Wow, now that's what I call service! I need to start getting pulled over in Ohio more ;)

Brett

Brett, by happy ending I dont mean the kind you get at an asian massage parlor. Its just something we learn in OPATA that the likely hood of a forceful arrest or shooting is much more likely if both parties are being dicks to eachother.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lawman said:
Brett, by happy ending I dont mean the kind you get at an asian massage parlor. Its just something we learn in OPATA that the likely hood of a forceful arrest or shooting is much more likely if both parties are being dicks to eachother.
I'm aware, please feel free to relax and enjoy my joke :D

Brett

Lawman

None
No its cool, soon as I read your post I just went "Aww christ I walked into that one with my eyes open." I think only hanging out with AFROTC guys for that last few months has dulled my sense of awareness to not say stuff like that.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
Yow! You'd think that dude's beer buzz woulda worn off faster. Or maybe he's just stupid. Very entertaining video!

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Lawman said:
If we let Joe Q Public be a police officer for one day it would blow there f'ing mind.

Clearly you've never been to Hawaii. They've tried to write up at least four bull**** tickets on me for things like, you know, not bending traffic laws just because he's a cop. For example, I was issued a ticket for, "speeding under certain circumstances" (if this is a real thing, let me know). What he meant by speeding is that I was coming down the hill I live on at the speed limit (I ride second down the hill) but not coming to a stop to let him out of a driveway...oh wait, he wasn't even in the road and clearly wasn't looking as he would have been able to see me from at least 100 feet away. I was also issued a ticket for honking at a cop who was sitting at a light doing nothing while its bright green beauty slipped away into ugly yellow. That ticket didn't even have an infraction, only a court date which the magistrate laughed at in court and sent me on my way. It also appears as if not letting a cop go at an intersection even though you have the right of way is against the law. I know you're not all bad, but **** man, you sure do have some stinkers on your team.

Edit: Just out of curiosity, do cops have something against bikes? It seems that whenever I ride my bike, even when doing the speed limit, I find a cop on my tail rather frequently...what gives?

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Ryoukai said:
Edit: Just out of curiosity, do cops have something against bikes? It seems that whenever I ride my bike, even when doing the speed limit, I find a cop on my tail rather frequently...what gives?

That is when you suddenly turn a sharp corner and lose him. There is no law against accelerating at an extremely high rate, so long as you stop accelerating at the speed limit, and don't burn your tires, or do a wheelie for that matter. Good luck and let me know how it turns out :D

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Godspeed said:
That is when you suddenly turn a sharp corner and lose him. There is no law against accelerating at an extremely high rate, so long as you stop accelerating at the speed limit, and don't burn your tires, or do a wheelie for that matter. Good luck and let me know how it turns out :D

Beat you to it. "Exhibition of speed" is the formal name for what you're talking about and is frowned upon by law enforcement and subsequently laughed out of court by the judge. It's also a bad idea out here because Oahu's roads are something along the same lines as the roads one might find in Bosnia or any Iraqi runway circa 1991.

Status
Not open for further replies.