• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dont resist arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawman

None
Welcome to Ohio. :D

I'd have hit him with pepper spray first (our SOP not the OHP's), but still a good arrest. Trooper remained calm and didnt let the guy control the initiative. I get about one of these guys a week trick is to be respectful with your wording, but to never ever give in or back down, honestly on my days off Im so mellow usually sitting on my balchony with my cat eating a popsicle.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
I'm all for arresting DUIs and all that, but how many times do you need to tazer a guy? I would think the second or third time would have been good enough. That video is just one example as to why I turn into the biggest wussy you ever saw when a cop starts talking to me. It's all yes sirs and no sirs the instant they come to the door.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
Road Program said:
I'm all for arresting DUIs and all that, but how many times do you need to tazer a guy? I would think the second or third time would have been good enough. That video is just one example as to why I turn into the biggest wussy you ever saw when a cop starts talking to me. It's all yes sirs and no sirs the instant they come to the door.

..c'mon Road they strive on your fear. If you're confident and dont let them think they're above you then they cant stomp all over you.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
rare...I've got issues with being a "big man" when the other guy has a gun, pepper spray, and a big ass club. I'll just swallow my pride, thanks...goes down easy with sugar.

Lawman

None
rare21 said:
..c'mon Road they strive on your fear. If you're confident and dont let them think they're above you then they cant stomp all over you.
Confidently knowing your rights and making sure the an officer respects them is far differnt then the beligerant and arrogant ass's I deal with. If your confident you can still be respectful.

As for how many times you need to tazer somebody, theres a reason he didnt just hit him once and pounce on him. He's drunk, he's already demonstrated that he is willing to fight to get those cuffs on, you havent searched him for weapons yet (Terry Frisk), and you are the only officer on scene. Not to mention that we cant tell if he has a friend in the truck, which if he did you avoid making the actual arrest part until backup arrives if you can. Never a good idea to be on a guy focused on his hands when his buddy may step around the truck and put a weapon on you. Also, and this may shock you, but there a plenty of cases of people shaking a tazer off and continuing the fight. So yeah until he stops resisting (I.E. you lay your ass out on the pavement and stop moving) he gets hit again and again.

KBayDog

Lawman said:
So yeah until he stops resisting (I.E. you lay your ass out on the pavement and stop moving) he gets hit again and again.

Which works, until he gets Johnny Cochran as his attorney.

Oh, wait...nevermind...hit him again!

Lawman

None
KBayDog said:
Which works, until he gets Johnny Cochran as his attorney.

Oh, wait...nevermind...hit him again!

Thats why we started using Tazers and OC, average people didnt understand what a powerstroke is with a PR-24, and have never been asked to take a person that really really doesnt want to go somewhere, put them in handcuffs, oh and while your at it if you could try not to hurt him, while mind you doing this by yourself on the side of some highway with his friends sitting in the truck yelling "Kill that mother F*cker." If we let Joe Q Public be a police officer for one day it would blow there f'ing mind.

KBayDog

Lawman said:
If we let Joe Q Public be a police officer for one day it would blow there f'ing mind.

Never could and never would. You guys go to war every single day - nothing but respect for y'all.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
Lawman said:
Confidently knowing your rights and making sure the an officer respects them is far differnt then the beligerant and arrogant ass's I deal with. If your confident you can still be respectful.

well thats what i mean. if an officer respects me i'll respect him..if he doesnt well then i wont respect him. I've been on plenty of ridealongs, volunteered with victim services and unfortunately every time i've been out its been BORING. I guess you can count that lucky in a way.

Road, under that gun, pepper spray, etc he's still just a guy..no better or worse than you. Its when he believes he's better than you where you better have the balls to stand up to your convictions and your rights.

Lawman

None
rare21 said:
unfortunately every time i've been out its been BORING. I guess you can count that lucky in a way.
QUOTE]

My first couple ride along for a CJ class my freshmen year I saw about 6 months worth of WTF in a shift.

First call, go to a local highway Inn where a man has passed out in the door way of his hotel after giving himself a vodka enima..... yeah that was odd. It does make you go home with the realization that the most F'ed up stupid stuff you've ever done is nowhere near top of the list.

Thanksgiving, roll up on a shooting started by an arguement over who owed who $20 for a bottle of booze. Victim was the perps cousin, he poped him in the head on the porch and then kindly went back in and sat down for thanksgiving dinner with the rest of the family. Neighbor called it in when they thought the guy was "smoking out on the porch and saw blood"

Status
Not open for further replies.