• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Don't be 'That guy'

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
This is by no means a thread intending to bash a fellow USMC Officer, but rather an informational thread to warn and inform other Officers that people like this do exist. This is probably a little outdated, but I was talking to someone about this the other day and he was dumbfounded so I decided to share it even though this takes place over a year ago.

My TBS roommate was, by far, the nastiest creature on earth. Bigworm and Jester can both attest, since they were in my Platoon. I'll have to get one of my Fire-team members to get on here and add some more stuff. Anyway, it started with range week(s). We started noticing that he wouldn't shower so we started keeping a close watch between the other 3 fire team members. At first it was funny, then 2 and a half weeks later, after no shower, it started to become annoying. Funk filled our room. I remember vividly our room failing a field day inspection because of the 'smell' coming from his side of the room. We started ragging on him about not showering and he finally showered, but it was less than a minute shower at that, I know because all 3 of us were curious if he even showered at all. He had the strangest habits, he would only eat Bologna and pop tarts.....and every once in a while pizza, and was constantly downing protein shakes. When the holidays rolled around and TBS gave us 2 weeks of basket leave, it was a much-needed break, not from TBS, but from this guy. It gets better. While he was on leave, he had to see the dentist to get 24 cavities filled, 4, which were crowns. Yeah, I forgot to mention not only did he not shower, but he didn't brush his teeth. So the bologna and pop tart resin were constantly eating away at his teeth undisturbed. But this guy is locked-on when it comes to tactics/knowledge and is a friggin PT machine.... but there's more. The previous year, he had some kind of nose surgery and it never healed because everyday he would dig the scab out of his nose and it would start bleeding again, which is gross, but not as gross as him leaving bloody kleenex on the floor of our Q or on the table in the classroom. One of my fireteam members about lost his mind when he crawled out of the rack and almost stepped in a small pile of bloody kleenex, so after a couple of weeks, we had him broke of leaving them around, but we still had to see him pick his scab out of his nose, like clock-work, everyday! Meanwhile, we're still ragging him because his feet smell and it's driving us nuts in the Q. We finally rag him so much that, instead of getting on a steady "shower schedule" he starts rubbing that hand sanitizer on his feet. We tell our Plt mates and they think we're exaggerating until they come to our room. We also bring this to our SPC's attention, he just laughed and also thought we were exaggerating and just told us to "police our own". Well, a few months down the road, during a field day I remember one of my fire team members cleaning the fridge, the fridge that only 'creature' used because no one else wanted to come near it, anyway, he pointed out that a package of bologna that had been sitting in there was oozing bologna slime and it was dripping in 'creatures' protein shake jug. Once again, we made fun of him and called him creature and he thinks we are just *******s, that he's just a normal guy, then he takes a drink of his protein shake and me and the other guy about vomit. We would find half eaten pop tarts behind the TV, on the window seal, behind his desk, I mean WTF, is it possible someone could be this nasty? He had a perpetual dirt build up under all his finger nails AND toenails, it just never went away, and I'm talking about in Garrison, yeah it happens in the field. I'm just glad I lived in housing, I still had to stay there sometimes, but my other two roommates had to live with the funk constantly. The Creature ended up graduating at the top of our TBS company and earned Meritorious Augmentation AND 0302. The guy was locked on, but just had a hygiene problem....bigtime. Yeah, I know it seems like I'm over-exaggerating. Any other Alpha 02-03 guys remember him?

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I had the privelage (if you can call that) of hearing this story first hand. There were several times, like the bologna dripping into the jug, where I almost seriously threw up. What a nasty human being. Thanks for the laughs, Beetle! It was a good time.

Clux4

Banned
He was born in the woods, raised by a bear.
He fits right into his MOS, I guess he will be playing in the sand alot so he will not have to worry too much about hygiene.

SFgirl

So this is definitely not a forum I frequent, but when I saw the tag line I had to read... all I have to say is EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

:eek:

Cookie

Ok, so I lived next to the big nasty. There is no over exaggeration. The kid would not change his skivis for a week. He wouldn't change his socks while out in the field. His excuse was that the duct tape on the bottom of his feet kept him from getting blisters so he didn't need to change his socks, um yeah. I remember we got back from the field and EB5 telling me that he refused to take a shower. And the stench, it was horrible. And another thing, yeah you can date whoever, but....if your girlfriend comes to graduation with stripper shoes on that are painted over with whiteout and she is exposing herself to everyone, you may wanna dress her before you take her out. It's pretty bad when everyone remembers your gf from tbs graduation and not because she was hot. Speaking of the gf, it's one thing to do stuff with her in your own bed. However, the big nasty wanted to spite his roommates, so at the end of TBS, he let them know about doing things with his gf on all of their desks. I'm pretty sure he wasn't lying. I'm sure he's doing fine in Iraq being out in the field 24/7, but sake of others, I think cleanliness is just as important as physical fitness. I'm sure his men will follow him, just not so closely. Gotta love the enlisted, especially with what they have to put up with :D

Whalebite

I had a roommate at school that would continue to stink even after he showered, like right out of the shower. The smell never left.

KBayDog

Clux4 said:
He fits right into his MOS, I guess he will be playing in the sand alot so he will not have to worry too much about hygiene.

Hygiene is even more important in the field than in garrison. I hope his enlisted-types don't follow his example...

I am currently in Echo, during range week, and let me tell you - I want to take a shower so friggin' badly after that lovely nature walk to the range. (I even put on fresh utilities each day, they get so funky.) Yuck.

Anyway, E5B, what room was the scene of the crime, so I can avoid it like the plague?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Disgusting. How'd this person ever make it past a commissioning source?

Jester

pilot
The part E5B forgot to mention was that he screwed his girlfriend on each of their desks. How he had a girlfriend that could tolerate that stentch is beyond me. But then again his girlfriend did look and dress like she gave hummers for a living. That guy was just plain nasty. The guy was locked on in every other aspect, his hiegene just sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.