• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Does the Marine Corps change political views?

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Judging by how big the government has gotten and how many ridiculous programs there... the fiscally conservative seems to be going the way of the dodo.
Are any other nations of this world fiscally conservative on similar terms to our own? I would imagine that most Americans would be fiscally conservative in comparison to the rest of the world, no matter how you looked at it.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I definitely subscribe to the western form of conservatism (rugged individualism, personal freedoom and small government) more than the southern variant (lots of religion thrown in)
Just like I prefer classic democrats (farmers and factory workers who need a voice in DC) rather than the current Deomcrat message (champion of the supposed opressed)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I definitely subscribe to the western form of conservatism (rugged individualism, personal freedoom and small government) more than the southern variant (lots of religion thrown in)
Just like I prefer classic democrats (farmers and factory workers who need a voice in DC) rather than the current Deomcrat message (champion of the supposed opressed)
Western Conservative (a.k.a. SJC). I like that.

Brett

theduke

Umm... its Latin, it means without. Bretts saying hes conservative till they get to convesations on how were gonna put Jesus back in Schools and what not.

[/I]Sans[/I] is actually French, although it might've been lifted from Latin.

and yes, that is what I was saying when I said that "SJC" sounds roughly like "right-leaning libertarian".

and yeah, conservatives from the American West tend to be pretty much in line with me (with the two big Arizona names--McCain and Goldwater--coming immediately to mind).

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
theduke said:
[/I]Sans[/I] is actually French, although it might've been lifted from Latin.

[Middle English, from Old French, blend of Latin sine, without, and absenti, in the absence of, ablative of absentia, absence from absns, absent- present participle of abesse, to be away. See absent.]

So you're both right.